There are many resources available to students who are seeking employment during their time at SMU.
Check out the Career Center Events Calendar for information on upcoming Career Fairs, On-campus interview opportunities, Internship fairs and more!
Handshake Job Board
- Search for all types of on-campus and off-campus employment including departmental assistantships, library positions, babysitting, local businesses, and more!
- New students (incoming First Years and Transfers) will not have access to the Handshake Job Database until after they have attended AARO and registered for classes
- Once you have enrolled in classes, first time users do not need to register on Handshake - you can LOG IN using your SMU Email Address and SMU ID#:
- Log-in trouble or password issues please call the Hegi Family Career Center: 214-768-2287
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Search tips - use the "Position Type" filter to look for on-campus jobs, Work Study jobs, and local part-time opportunities:
Undergraduate Research Program (URA)
- The URA program provides paid opportunities for UG students to work directly with faculty members on research projects - URA positions are available in all disciplines across campus and create valuable hands-on experience for students seeking to further their knowledge outside of the classroom.
- URA positions are coordinated directly within each department. You may see some opportunities advertised on Handshake but the best way to find a URA position is to contact the faculty members in the departments you are interested in working for.
- The URA program is open to all departments and faculty. You may apply for any URA position you are interested in regardless of your major. A URA position will require full engagement... seek out a position that you can invest in and will keep your interest!
Residence Life & Student Housing (RLSH)
Dedman Center for Lifetime Sports
Dedman Rec has many opportunities for students - some are advertised on Handshake, others are listed by department:
SMU Tele Pony
- Tele-Pony callers reach out to undergraduate and graduate alumni to share updates about SMU. They also call alumni celebrating their Reunion year, as well as parents of current students and recent graduates.
- Apply online or call Emily Kavy at 214-768-2758 for information about available positions