Beginning October 1, 2014 all refund checks, including those individuals that have previously signed up for ACH (automatic deposit), will be processed as paper refund checks. Here's what you need to know:
- When a refund occurs you will receive an email notice from the Bursar's Office indicating that there is a refund check ready for pick up.
- The Bursar's Office will provide you a window of time during business hours (9AM - 4PM) when the check may be picked up.
- Checks will need to be claimed at the Bursar's counter on the first floor of the Laura Lee Blanton Building.
- You will need to present your SMU photo ID as proof of authentication.
- As an exception, if you are a graduate student and not on campus during regular business hours, we will mail your check.
- Be proactive and update your My.SMU.EDU online with the current "Home" address.
Please check your SMU email frequently as we will be emailing notices that your refund check is available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. This is only a temporary situation and we will keep you updated. We appreciate your cooperation during this time.