The Engaged Learning Mentor Program serves the faculty, staff and other professional field experts who act as mentors, and student mentees.
The program is broad enough to appeal to all forms of engaged learning that occur across campus, but is specific to the Engaged Learning project.
The How to Work with Your Mentor workshop addresses responsible mentoring and student project assessment.
Click here to view Mentor Tips.
Here's How It Works:
- Consider being a mentor. Say yes if a student asks you to serve.
- Review the application process.
- Work with student on proposal development.
- Review and recommend your student's application.
- Stay in regular communication during all phases of the project.
- Attend the student’s presentation at the Engaged Learning Forum.
- Sign off on your student's final product.
- Celebrate at the Engaged Learning graduation event.
- Have your participation count toward your teaching responsibilities at SMU.
- Come to the Engaged Learning Expo for the announcement of the Excellence in Mentoring Award.