Apply now for Job ID#900495
In basic job search enter Director and select job ID 900494 under location Development and External Affairs.
Job ID: 900495
Job Family: Unclassified
Department: Public Affairs
Pay Range: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
The Executive Director of Integrated Marketing in the SMU Office of Public Affairs, Division of Development and External Affairs, is responsible for campuswide marketing, advertising and communications in support of University priorities, chief among them The Second Century Campaign, alumni engagement, Centennial commemorations and projects, student recruitment and SMU’s continuing rise in impact and reputation.
The executive director will lead the expanding use of social media, e-marketing and web in support of the above. The executive director oversees a team of writers, editors, designers, photographers and technical support to produce marketing communications in print, electronic and other emerging formats.
The executive director supports the University’s central advertising program and provides guidelines, templates and messaging to support the University-wide brand under the leadership of the president of the University, the vice president for executive affairs, the vice president of development and external affairs, and other University schools and administrative unit leadership as appropriate.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide marketing support for DEA Centennial, The Second Century Campaign, student admissions and recruitment, community outreach and other activities;
- provide support for the University-wide branding process and products;
- manage the University-wide advertising program;
- expand the use of web, social media and other innovations in marketing and brand management to support University priorities;
- oversee and manage integrated marketing materials for the priorities listed above;
- supervise production of print and electronic materials for campus clients (schools, units, etc.), ensuring fidelity to University-wide and school/unit brands;
- supervise the production of high-level gift proposals and presentations;
- coordinate and expand University merchandising in collaboration with campus and external partners;
- provide marketing guidance on visuals for DEA events, including staging, use of symbols and signage;
- work with campus partners on University-wide signage and way-finding;
- other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of ten years of work experience in communications field is required or Master’s degree with a minimum of eight years of work experience in a communications field is required. A minimum of three years’ of experience managing professional staff is required. Marketing and/or branding experience is also required, preferably in private higher education or in a nonprofit setting.
Experience producing, managing and overseeing a complex budget preferred. Experience that includes strategy for effective use of social media is desired. Experience that includes student recruitment marketing and fundraising is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have assumed progressive integrated marketing roles leading a team that includes working with leadership to set goals, developing plans of action and supervising implementation to meet those goals.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to build relationships with a wide range of constituencies. Must also demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing.
Candidate must be an articulate and highly effective leader. Ability to provide focus and motivation to a talented professional staff in a goal-driven, fast-paced and changing environment is essential.
Candidate must demonstrate solid project management and organizational skills. Highly developed technical knowledge and an aptitude for learning new technology are desired.
Candidate must be familiar with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
For full consideration, candidate must include cover letter detailing career progression, experience and skills, as well as, provide links to and/or samples of work products.
This position is open until filled. Please visit our website to apply, or submit resume and cover letter to: Search Committee, Job ID 900495, P.O. Box 750232, Dallas, TX 75275-0232.