Hiring in progress
In basic job search enter Administrative Assistant and select job ID 900499 under location Development and External Affairs.
Job ID: 900499
Job Family: Unclassified
Department: Development and Alumni Affairs
Pay Range: $16.67 an hour - $18.19 a hour
The Administrative Assistant for Alumni Engagement serves as one of the frontline alumni customer service representatives with responsibility for maintaining and strengthening alumni ties and connections to the University and to one another through superior customer support, and is responsible for the coordination of all administrative processes for the Alumni Engagement office, a team that is responsible for increasing the number of alumni volunteers and creating robust programming for alumni that will increase alumni engagement levels and will inspire alumni financial support during The Second Century Campaign.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support of the Associate Director and Assistant Directors of Alumni Engagement;
- Manage the Alumni Engagement budgets, accounts payable, procurement card statements and other financial processes;
- Receive and respond to email and phone contacts from alumni;
- Collect and update volunteer records and roles in the division constituent database (BBEC);
- Manage event attendee lists and making sure records are updated, mass interactions are entered, and attendee lists are distributed to appropriate internal and external constituents;
- Manage marketing processes for events including their listing on appropriate calendars, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and chapter websites, etc.;
- Handle the research required for event logistics including acquisition of quotes from vendors and handling contracts;
- Handle orders and shipments of public relations materials that distributes to external constituents;
- Draft summaries of volunteer meetings and distributing;
- Coordinate staff travel needs, team meetings, and procurement card processing;
- Plan and coordinate specific logistic components of Alumni Engagement programs and events, including but not limited to, Chapter Programs, Associate Groups, Student Recruitment Volunteers, SMU Connection, Stampede of Service, and other new volunteer initiatives;
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. A minimum of two years of professional work experience, with at least one year handling or managing event logistics, is required. Work experience which includes general bookkeeping and/or budget management is essential. Experience handling large mail merges and mailings also required. Experience that includes administrative support in a team environment highly desired. Experience working with volunteers desired. Knowledge of SMU traditions and culture a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Candidate must demonstrate strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills to effectively interact with external constituents of the University. A strong customer service orientation is essential.
Candidate must possess strong organizational and problem solving skills as they and will be called on to think collaboratively, strategically and creatively. A strong attention to detail is essential, as this position will be updating constituent records and managing constituent correspondence.
Candidate must have the ability to make good judgments in a fast-paced team environment. Must also have experience working with budgets and executing events that stay within budget. A strong committed to the support of advancement is essential.
Candidate must demonstrate a strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and advanced knowledge of Excel. Must also be familiar with calendaring software, preferably Outlook calendar. Experience in a constituent database is a plus. Experience with Blackbaud Enterprise System is preferred.
Candidate must be able to work outside of regular business hours as needed to support events.
Candidate must submit cover letter detailing event and bookkeeping/budget experience for full consideration.
Priority consideration may be given to submissions received by October 28, 2013. Deadline to Apply: November 4, 2013. Please visit our website to apply, or submit resume and cover letter to: Search Committee, Job ID 900499, P.O. Box 750232, Dallas, TX 75275-0232.