For Students of SMU
- A special collection of ESL Self-Study Materials intended for individual student use is located at the Fondren Library Information Commons.
- ESL students of SMU are matched up through the Conversation Buddy Program with a native English speaking SMU student to practice their listening and speaking skills in an informal, one-on-one setting outside the classroom. This program is made available at the beginning of each fall, spring and summer semester.
- Ask the "ESL Grammar Doctor" a language question by filling out the online form.
- Explore the list of Useful Websites for ESL students.
- Contact SMU’s International Center for information on various services and resources available to SMU international students.
SMU's Simmons School of Education offers three forms of Bilingual/ESL Teacher Education: ESL Specialization, Bilingual Specialization, and Master of Bilingual Education programs. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on these programs.
Visit TOEFL for more information about the Test of English as a Foreign Language, and IELTS for more information about the International English Language Testing System. SMU does not offer TOEFL/IELTS testing or test preparation at this time.