SMU is celebrating their 20 years of the Russian Festival!
SMU is one of a few universities in Texas offering Russian language study. Having existed for more than 40 years, the SMU Russian program has a rich tradition. Russian language courses are taught in the context of culture and new developments in Russia which makes language acquisition engaging, effective and exciting.
The Russian Program offers:
- a minor in Russian Area Studies, an ideal pairing with a major in international studies, business and history.
- study at Moscow State University in either a summer or semester long program.
- financial support for SMU-in-Moscow through both the Wiley and Mamontov Foundations.
- cultural enrichment programs actively supported by the SMU Russian Club and the Russian American Center of Dallas.
- a large collection of rare and modern Russian books and films used by students to expand their knowledge of Russian language and culture.