In general, my
work concerns the nature of subjectivity, the self and the mind. As a result, I
wind up working in metaphysics, epistemology, the philosophy of mind, and the
philosophy of language. Most recently, I have been developing a view called
"Subjective Physicalism," which maintains that while everything is
physical, some physical states cannot be fully grasped unless they are
- "The Ontology of Subjective
- "Subjective Physicalism,"
in The Case for Qualia, MIT Press, edited by Edmund White.
- "Self-Knowledge and
Self-Reference," Philosophy and
- "The Knowledge Argument and
- "Emergentism and Supervenience
Journal of Philosophy.
- "Immunity to Error and
Subjectivity," Canadian Journal
- "The Two-Dimensionalist
- A Dialogue on Consciousness (Oxford University Press, 2009)
- The God Dialogues (Oxford University Press, forthcoming)
Work in Progress
- "Deduction, Necessitation and Consciousness"
- "Space and the Physical"
- "Perception from the First-Person Perspective"
- "The Theist's Defeater: A Response to Descartes and Plantinga"
- Before and After: A Philosophical Approach to the Question of Anti-Depressants
- "The Hard Problem of the Self"
- Philosophy of Mind