Robert W. Righter
Ph.D. University of California, Santa Barbara, 1968
M.A. San Jose State University, 1963
B.A. Willamette University, 1955
Awards and Service
- Research Fellow in the History of Science and Technology, Huntington Library, 3 Months, 2010.
- Western History Association, Hal Rothman prize for the best book in Western Environmental History, The Battle Over Hetch Hetchy: America’s Most Controversial Dam and the Birth of Modern Environmentalism, 2007.
- WHA, Chair, Robert Athearn Prize Committee, 2007-2010.
- Western Historical Quarterly, Editorial Board, 2009-2012.
- Rockefeller Foundation Grant, Bellagio, Italy, 1998.
- Fulbright Research Award, Turnbell Library, Wellington, New Zealand, 1993.
Professor Robert Righter is not on the teaching faculty. He is author or editor of seven books. He has published numerous pamphlets, articles and book reviews. His latest work Windfall: Creating Electricity From the Wind
was published by the University of Oklahoma Press in 2011.
Last updated 02/14