The Cox Executive MBA Advantage
You have dozens of options for your Executive MBA program. Every school has strengths, but when it comes to understanding and meeting the needs of executives, the Cox School offers advantages that set it apart from the competition.
Executive Level Career Services
- Meet one-on-one with a dedicated executive career coach to discuss next-level opportunities and creating a personalized plan towards achieving professional goals. Also, students take the nationally acclaimed CareerLeader® assessment, and review their results one-on-one. Students also have access to online career resources to explore new industries or opportunities and post their own company positions for hire.
- Professional development designed for the rising executive. Bi-Monthly interactive sessions led by our partners, local executive search firm, LinkedExec. Students learn more about current trends and best practices including, LinkedIn, Working with Recruiters, Resume Writing, and Interviewing. Alumni are welcome to come back to campus and join us for any and all of these sessions!
Leadership and Executive Skills Workshops
- Executive Leadership is a theme felt throughout the EMBA Program. Starting from the moment you are admitted, student have year-round access to free professional development semiars through the Cox Business Leadership Center. Also EMBA students are provided opportunities to learn new skills and put them into practice including Advanced Reading and Presentation Techniques.
Expanded Elective Options
- Increased number of electives offered in the final two semesters allow students to get equivalent of a minor in certain disciplines. Electives can be as small as 20 students. Students are given choices in the Friday/Saturday class format, or can select elective course that are taught through the PMBA program for an even larger selection of topics.
Collaboration by Design
- The Cox School has forged strong relationships with leading companies and influential business leaders in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. Our Executive MBA program will also connect you with worldwide network of business leaders that yields priceless benefits. As part of the largest Executive MBA Program in Texas, you have access to both high quality and a high quantity of contacts.
Quality of Faculty
- The Cox Executive MBA program consistently attracts successful business leaders. Our program design enables you to build close working relationships with peers through intimate classroom settings and study groups. Working with experienced professionals from diverse backgrounds, you’ll learn as much from your peers as you do from the faculty.
- Cox professors are distinguished by their innovative research, passion for teaching, and corporate consulting experience. They hold degrees from top-ranked institutions, including Harvard Business School, Stanford, the University of Chicago, and Wharton.
Centers of Excellence
- To understand the global marketplace, you have to experience it firsthand. The Cox EMBA program gives you the opportunity to gain firsthand experience through a global studies trip. This trip combines classroom instruction with visits to leading corporations, government agencies, and cultural sites.
- At Cox, you’ll have access to our specialized teaching and research centers that offer a variety of programs that help you develop specialized skills and stay current with the latest research and best practices.