About the SMU COX HR Roundtable
JOIN DALLAS' LEADING COMPANIES
The SMU COX Human Resources Roundtable is a forum for a select group of strategic HR leaders.
The Roundtable meets quarterly to examine strategic people issues. Participants are limited to the senior HR person in their organization or company. Members are selected on the basis of their stature in the Human Resources community as well as the reputation of the organizations they serve.
Our purpose is to provide a continuing forum as a means for this select group of executives to exchange strategic ideas with their peers on a regular basis.
With SMU as the sponsor, the Roundtable has access to some of the latest findings in academic research and a renowned pool of speakers.
UNIQUE COMBINATION OF OPERATIONAL AND ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
- SMU COX affiliation and access
- Select group of practitioners
- Select group of non-competing service provider sponsors
- Thought-leading speakers
- Networking, relationship building & strategic dialog
SMU COX HR ROUNDTABLE - SIZE AND SCOPE
- Limited to the senior HR person in an organization or company
- Currently 40 members - intimate size and senior level
- Holds annual offsite weekend conference
The 2017 conference theme is "Connectional Intelligence at Work: Business and Politics."
Members and sponsors guide the Roundtable’s activities.
- Adrianne Court, CHRO -Alkami
- Thomas Dallam, EVP & CHRO - Hilltop Holdings
- Valerie Davisson, Chief People Officer - At Home
- Keith Holtz, SVP HR - Cook Children’s Health Care System
- Linda Irby, EVP & HR Director - PlainsCapital Bank
- Frank Lloyd, Associate Dean - SMU Cox
- Ashley Mason, Vice President, Client Service - Holmes Murphy
- Larry Sherrell, VP HR -Lexipol
- Francesca Spinelli, Adjunct Professor - SMU Cox
The Roundtable meets four evenings per year in the James M. Collins Executive Education Center on SMU’s Dallas campus or at member locations.
- February 16—Beverly Wright, chair of Dallas Dinner Table, former IBM talent development executive will lead us in a powerful approach to understanding diversity in our DFW community. You are encouraged to bring your Diversity initiative leader.
- June 8 —visit to Holmes Murphy to learn about their marketing and rebranding successes in their innovative workspace.
- August 30, Wednesday, Evening Reception—CEO Dialog with Keith A. Cline, Jr., President and CEO of La Quinta Inns and Suites. Held in collaboration with the Cox Latino Leadership Initiative and the final phase of the 2017 Corporate Executive Development Program.
- November 9, Thursday, Breakfast Forum—Executive Dialog with Rick Badgley, Chief People Officer, Brinker International. In keeping with the diversity and inclusion theme that has run through our programs this year, the topic is how and why Brinker is going beyond “one number” to measure and report its diversity.
PAST SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
Raj Sisodia (author of Firms of Endearment, and leader in Conscious Capitalism), Robert Moran (Author of Managing Cultural Differences), Dave Ulrich (University of Michigan), Richard Boyatzis (Case Western Reserve, emotional intelligence), Shawn Achor (author on positive psychology and happiness), Pam Patsley (CEO, MoneyGram), Bill Blase (SVP, AT&T), Mike Ullman (CEO JCPenney), Harolyn Watts (Assistant VP, Corporate Diversity/ HR, State Farm)