Mary Jo Vaughn Rauscher Chair in Financial Investments
Academic Director - The EnCap Investments & LCM Group Alternative Asset Management Center
Academic Director - The Don Jackson Center for Financial Studies and Center
- Refinancing Risk and Cash Holdings, with S. Klasa & J. Harford, Journal of Finance, 2014, v69i3, 975-1012. [Lead Article]
- Trading Activity and Transaction Costs in Structured Credit Products, H. Bessembinder and K. Venkataraman, Financial Analyst Journal, 2013, v69n6, 55-67.
- Bankruptcy Prediction Models and the Cost of Debt, with S. Mansi & A. Zhang, Journal of Fixed Income, 2012, Spring, 1-18.
- Analyst Forecast Characteristics and the Cost of Debt, with S. Mansi and D. Miller, Review of Accounting Studies, 2011, v16n1,116-142.
- Do State Laws Matter for Bondholders? with S. Mansi and J. Wald, Journal of Law and Economics, 2009, v52, 701-726.
- Measuring Abnormal Bond Returns, with H. Bessembinder, K. Kahle and D. Xu, Review of Financial Studies, 2009, v22n10, 4219-4259.
- The Strategic Use of Cash Holdings in Collective Bargaining With Labor Unions, with S. Klasa and H. Ortiz-Molina, Journal of Financial Economics, 2009, v92n3, 421-442.
- Transparency and the Corporate Bond Market, with H. Bessembinder, Journal of Economic Perspectives, 2008, v22n2, 217-234.
- Corporate Governance and a Firm’s Cash Holdings, with J. Harford and S. Mansi, Journal of Financial Economics, 2008, v87n3, 535-555. [Lead Article]
- A Reexamination of the Tradeoff Between the Future Benefit and Riskiness of R&D, with A. Eberhart and A. Siddique, Journal of Accounting Research, 2008, v46n1, 27-52.
- The Influence of Product Market Dynamics on the Firm’s Cash Holdings and Hedging Behavior, with D. Haushalter and S. Klasa, Journal of Financial Economics, 2007, v84n3, 797-825.
- Market Transparency, Liquidity Externalities, and Institutional Trading Costs in Corporate Bonds, with H. Bessembinder and K. Venkataraman, Journal of Financial Economics, 2006, v82, 251-288. [Lead Articl]
- Does Corporate Governance Matter to Bondholders? with M. Klock and S. Mansi, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2005, v40n4, 693-719. [Lead Article]
- An Examination of Long-Term Abnormal Stock Returns and Operating Performance Following R&D Increases, with A. Eberhart and A. Siddique, Journal of Finance, 2004, v59n2, 623-650.
- Does Auditor Quality and Tenure Matter to Investors? Evidence from the Bond Market, with S. Mansi and D. Miller, Journal of Accounting Research, 2004, v42n4, 755-793.
- Do Spin-offs Expropriate Wealth from Bondholders? with R. Rao, Journal of Finance, 2003, v58n5, 2087-2108.
- The Wealth Effects of Repurchases on Bondholders, with C. Stephens, Journal of Finance, 2003, v58n2, 895-919.