Some things can only be learned from the school of hard knocks… but a lot of business insight can be quickly taught (and mistakes avoided) by learning from other leaders who’ve already been where you want to go.
If you’re an aspiring or early-stage entrepreneur looking to increase your probability of winning, and wanting to avoid losing thousands in early business mistakes, the Starting a Business Certificate Program is for you. Just imagine being able to bypass the months and years of stumbling around trying to figure it out and instead improve your success rate when you choose to take the entrepreneurial leap.
If you have a passion to be doing something more and want the freedom that comes with calling the shots, it’s time to seize your opportunity! SMU’s Starting a Business course is your best next step.
Click here to request more information, or call 214-768-3689.
What You’ll Learn
There are so many things the successful entrepreneur needs to know…
Imagine being able to drastically improve your success rate and business confidence level by simply investing 3 hours per week… over 8 weeks… through 16 modules. You’ll get more than you bargained for when you learn:
- Keys to Successful Entrepreneurship
- How to Protect Your Ideas
- How to Develop and Launch a Viable Business Concept
- Accessing Capital
- How to Prepare a Business Plan
- Social Media Entrepreneurship
- … and so much more
Learn from the Best
Every year a highlight of this course is the strong roster of speakers it attracts. You can certainly learn from trial and error or digest a bunch of books… but you can significantly increase your level of understanding by learning from individuals who have the first hand knowledge. Our current session’s Distinguished Entrepreneur Speaker has been confirmed! Join us to hear Jason McCann of Veridesk's inspiring story, he joins a number of distinguished entrepreneurs who have lectured in years past, including:
- Chris and Christine Cook, co-founders, SleepExperts
- David Litman, co-founder, Hotels.com
- Sheryl Leach, founder, Barney and Friends
- Bo Pilgrim, founder, Pilgrim’s Pride
- Phil Romano, founder, Fuddruckers and Macaroni Grill
It’s Time to Take Action
More than 7,000 others have been through the Starting a Business course. Shouldn’t you be one of them? Not only will you build a solid business foundation and save yourself a lot of costly mistakes, the course offers some other compelling reasons to participate you might not have considered:
- Be a part of the SMU network
- Access to SMU instructors and resources
- Connection with dozens of other like-minded entrepreneurs taking this class with you
- Inspiration and motivation to be successful in your new venture
- Possible tax deduction just for taking the course
Seats are limited for the upcoming Starting a Business course and always go quickly.
- $695 per student
- Group Discount for 2 or more students: $620 per student