Joseph Wylie Fincher Memorial Building
Dedicated in 1954 as a gift of Mary Pearl Nored Fincher in memory of her late husband, The Fincher Building is the original home of the SMU Cox School of business since its establishment in 1978.
In 2005 and 2006, the Cox School completely renovated the three buildings that have served as its home for decades. Together, the Crow, Fincher, and Maguire buildings house classrooms and faculty and administrative offices. The Business Library combines library features with online computer capabilities in a worldwide information-retrieval system. In the fall of 2011 SMU Cox dedicated a completely renovated Business Library, and adjacent Kitt Investment and Trading Center.
In conjunction with the Ann Rife Cox Undergraduate and Nancy Chambers Underwood Graduate student-managed investment portfolios, the 32-seat Kitt Center gives students the opportunity to learn practical finance and investment applications. Inspired by Mr. Kitt’s years in the financial markets, the Kitt Investing and Trading Center contains a 1,200-square-foot LED stock ticker, three video walls, 22 high-end work stations and 10 Bloomberg Professional terminals, with state-of-the-art data feeds and financial software.
The Fincher Building's second floor houses the Dean's and administrative and staff suites as well as the Ernst & Young Gallery, a flexible space that welcomes a wide variety of speakers, meetings, and events. The ground levels serve as a hub for the Cox School of Business including the Business Library, the Kitt Center, study areas and Einstein's Bagels.
The Fincher Building is adjacent to Ownby Drive. Additional access to the Crow and Maguire buildings is via 3rd floor walkways on the north and south sides of Fincher, respectively.