Holds and recalls allow you to request something that is checked out.
Place a hold when someone has borrowed an item and you want to use it when it is returned. It will be held for you at the circulation desk upon its return.
Place a recall when someone has borrowed an item, and the library will reduce the other person's loan time so that you can get the item sooner. It will be held for you at the Main Desk upon its return.
How to Place a Hold or Recall
- Login to your Library Catalog account.
- Find the item you want. Verify it is checked out.
- Click on "Make a Request" under "Actions" on the right-hand menu.
- Click on Hold or Recall.
- Double check the pickup location. By default it is Fondren Library. If your book is from another library, choose the correct library.
- Click submit, and you're done!
- Always remember to log out.