Gain admission into the law school of your choice with LSAT Test Prep
from SMU official LSAT Prep Course. Master the skills needed to ace the LSAT
and take the test with the confidence of knowing that you prepared with
Dallas’s leading LSAT experts.
Our intensive LSAT prep program includes 30 hours of classroom instruction
from experienced test prep teaching professionals. The easy to follow
program uses proven techniques to simplify the LSAT. SMU Test Prep’s LSAT
course uses only questions and materials from actual LSAT tests, so that you
know your preparation is as close to the real thing as possible. LSAT textbooks,
study guides, diagnostic tests, and expert instruction are all included.
Strategically scheduled courses ensure that you will perform at your peak on test day.
Choose from weekend and evening schedule options offered throughout the year in a format
that prepares you for the LSAT test date of your choice. Reasons to Prepare for the LSAT with SMU Test Prep:
- Expert Instructors: SMU Test Prep’s instructors are trained professionals.
Our instructors know the LSAT and the law school experience.
- Proven strategies: SMU Test Prep’s program was developed by LSAT experts,
who have years of experience writing LSAT test questions and preparing students for success.
- Superior Study Guides: The LSAT Prep Course includes The Next Ten Actual,
Official LSAT PrepTests – from LSAC, the official LSAT test provider, and the
LSAT Course Workbook, designed to supplement the classroom lessons.
- Convenient Locations: SMU Test Prep programs are conveniently offered on the
campus of SMU in Dallas, Texas and at SMU’s Plano campus.
- The SMU Difference: Our LSAT Prep program delivers the high quality
educational experience you expect from SMU. At SMU, we take your education personally.
Logical Reasoning topics include:
- Easy-to-apply strategies for solving each type of Logical Reasoning question appearing on the test
- Logical concepts, including inferences involving conditional statements and the key tool of counterexamples
- An overview of the most common fallacies found in Logical Reasoning Flaw questions
Analytical Reasoning topics include:
- A taxonomy of Analytical Reasoning game types and tips for setting up each type of game found on the LSAT
- Tips for quickly representing the game’s rules in shorthand, and for combining these rules into powerful “super rules”
- Tips for using answers to previous questions to quickly eliminate incorrect answer choices on subsequent questions
Reading Comprehension topics include:
- A full description of Reading Comprehension passage types
- A step-by-step approach to questions that concern the passage as a whole
- Identifying key words in the question that indicate how to use the passage to find the correct answer
- Recognizing the correct answer after narrowing the choices down to two
LSAT Course Plan
- Session 1: Introduction to the LSAT, Principles of Argumentation, Find Conclusion items, Analytical Reasoning overview, Ordering games
- Session 2: Ordering games, Statement Role items, Argument Evaluation, Explain/Resolve items
- Session 3: Ordering games, Grouping games, Weakener/Strengthener items
- Session 4: Grouping games, Flaw items
- Session 5: Grouping games, Assumption items, Analyzing Reading passages, Global Reading Comp items
- Session 6: Grouping games, Formal Logic Items, Local Reading Comp items
- Session 7: Grouping games, Inference items, Reading Comp review
- Session 8: Combination games, Matching Structure/Flaw items
- Session 9: Combination games, Strategy/Point at issue items, Reading Comp review
- Session 10: Analytical Reasoning review, Principle items, Reading Comp review
SMU Test Prep offers discounts for SMU alumni, staff,
faculty and students. For more information, please call 214-SMU-CAPE (768-2273).