You are ready for Graduate School. Let us help you take the first step
to an advanced degree with GRE test prep from SMU – Dallas’s
leader in higher education.
Gain the skills and confidence you need to ace the GRE.
Maximize your potential with 24 hours of in-classroom instruction covering
each of the three main sections of the GRE General Test – Analytical Writing,
Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning. Sharpen your skills on
actual GRE test questions and follow our proven study plan on your way
to success. Reasons to Prepare for the GRE with SMU Test Prep:
Expert Instructors: SMU Test Prep uses highly trained test prep instructors.
Our experienced instructors have aced the GRE and care about helping you achieve your goal.
- Proven strategies: SMU Test Prep’s program was developed by test
prep experts, who have years of experience writing exam questions and preparing
students for success on standardized exams.
- Superior Materials:
The GRE Prep Course materials have been completely re-written for the GRE revised
General test. Materials include: The OFFICIAL GUIDE to the GRE revised General
Test – the most recent publication from ETS, the official GRE provider, the GRE
Student Workbook, designed to supplement your classroom lessons, and Powerprep II
software on CD-ROM, including a complete simulated computer based GRE.
- Convenient Locations:
All University Test Prep programs are conveniently
held on the campuses of Southern Methodist University in Dallas or Plano, TX.
The course fee includes all course materials and instruction from a trained
professional who cares about your success at an affordable cost.
- The SMU Difference: Our program delivers the high quality
educational experience you expect from SMU. At SMU, we take your education personally.
Who Should Take the SMU GRE Test Prep Class:
The SMU GRE Prep class is ideal for those seeking an advanced degree in a wide
range of fields within the next five years. This course is ideal for anyone who
has been out of school for a few years and for current undergraduate students
looking for assistance with the complex quantitative and verbal skills needed
to succeed on the GRE. Fields of study that typically require or accept the GRE
include: Education, nursing, MBA programs, social work, or other related fields
of study may be required to sit for the GRE.
Quantitative Topics include:
- Review of basic mathematical skills needed to succeed on the GRE
- Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
- Strategies for solving each question type, including: quantitative comparison, multiple right answer, multiple choice, and numeric entry questions
Verbal Topics include:
- Solving problems when you don’t know the vocabulary
- Using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- Dealing with the Text Completion and Sentence Equivalence questions
- Strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts
with accompanying essays are discussed.
General Topics Include:
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distracters
- Solving unfamiliar question formats
About Our Program
SMU’s Test Prep program is a partner with Educational Testing Consultants,
a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, Educational Testing
Consultants helps hundreds of students at major colleges and universities
across the United States. Educational Testing Consultants provides a proven
program with a record of success and highly-trained top quality instructors.
Hear what others have had to say about our program:
"...Upon taking the class, doing the work, and using the techniques provided
in the class my score went up 100 points on the verbal and 50 points on the
quantitative areas. This class was concise, educational, and very beneficial."
"I truly don't think I would have passed the exam without your class. You were
very supportive and provided many insightful tips for strategies on taking the exam.
I am extremely satisfied with my results and I know the course was worth every penny."
SMU Test Prep offers discounts for SMU alumni, staff,
faculty and students. >For more information, please call 214-SMU-CAPE (768-2273)