Program fast facts
||10 1/2 months
||Blended – Meets Weekday Evenings on SMU Main Campus in Dallas; some courses meet online
||Priority Rate (by Feb. 1, 2017): $4,395
Standard Rate: $4,645
|Feb. 15 – Dec. 6, 2017
6:30 – 9:30 p.m. (M/W)
Free Download: Yes, You Can Become a Web Designer
Web Design Certificate Program Tuition and Fees
Tuition for the Web Design Certificate Program is $4,395. This includes tuition and access to our online learning system. There is a $50 non-refundable application fee before you submit your completed enrollment form.
Admission into the SMU Web Design Certificate program requires:
- A four year undergraduate degree or four years of related work experience
- A personal laptop computer (to bring to classroom sessions)
- Adobe Creative Cloud software installed
- High-speed internet access
- Basic computer knowledge
To apply, follow these steps:
- Select the start date of your choice, and submit your $50 application fee online.
- Complete the enrollment form that you receive in your email confirmation and submit the form along with a copy of your undergraduate transcript or diploma via the methods listed on the enrollment form.
- SMU will confirm your acceptance and facilitate your payment for the program of your choice.
SMU faculty, staff, students, and alumni save 10%!
Financing Options for the Web Design Certificate Program
SMU has a relationship with Sallie Mae for their Smart Options Continuing Education Student Loan. To apply for this loan, follow the steps below:
: Your requested loan amount cannot exceed the program tuition.)
YOU MUST COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION FOR THE SALLIE MAE LOAN 14 DAYS BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF THE PROGRAM.
- Select the program of your choice, enroll in the application course and submit your $50 application fee by clicking here.
- Complete and submit the application you receive in your email confirmation. The form can be faxed or emailed to the CAPE office. The fax number and email address are on the form.
- Apply for the loan through our official portal on the Sallie Mae website. You will receive your decision in less than 30 minutes after applying for the loan.
- You will receive an award letter from the CAPE office and a registration email confirming your enrollment in the program.
Web Design Certificate Program Policies
Textbooks and course materials are not included in the tuition amount.
Students must enroll before attending courses in this program. Instructors cannot accept enrollment fees. SMU reserves the right to substitute instructors, change course locations, cancel courses, adjust curricula or schedules, or limit enrollment.
You may transfer a course registration one time, within the guidelines of the withdrawal policy. If you fail to attend the class you transferred into, you forfeit the course tuition.
CAPE reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes due to low enrollment. Such decisions are made three business days prior to the class begin date. If a course is rescheduled for any reason, those registered will be contacted to verify availability for the rescheduled date. If those registered are not available for the rescheduled class date, tuition will be refunded in full. If the class is cancelled and a new date is not available, tuition will be refunded in full.
You will have 18 months from your first day of class to successfully complete the program. In the event that you experience personal or professional reasons which delay your completion of the program or fail to successfully pass required exams, the following policy applies:
- The 18 month clock begins on the first day of class.
- The program must be completed within the 18 month period so students should plan their schedules accordingly. This means that the last day of class of the last necessary area must be completed within the 18 month period.
- After 18 months from the student’s first day of class, when the student originally begins the program, the student’s enrollment in the program expires. The student will be removed from participating in the program. If s/he has not successfully completed the program within the 18 month window, her/his program status is “incomplete” and s/he will not receive a certificate of completion from the program.
- After 18 months, a former student may reapply to the program and will be subject to the program’s current tuition and space availability.
Contact a Program Advisor at 214-621-4834 or email@example.com.
Suspension of Attendance, Cancellation of Registration, or Withdrawal
SMU CAPE professional certificate enrollment is final as of 3 business days prior to first class start date and programs are intended to be successfully completed in full. Once you are enrolled, withdrawal from the program or not completing the program forfeits your tuition costs. We do not provide any prorated refunds or credits for partial certificate program completion. However, students may transfer to another cohort / class free of charge, provided there is space available and time remaining for them to successfully complete the program. Students may also put funds in escrow for up to 12 months for use by themselves or someone else if withdrawing prior to program start date.
If a withdrawal request is received in writing (email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org) more than three full business days prior to the first class start date students may receive a refund, minus a $250.00 processing fee.
Failure to attend class does not constitute withdrawal. All refunds will be made in the form of the original payment. Please allow up to six weeks to receive check refunds. Full details are available in the certificate terms and conditions provided during the application process.