As more businesses use the web to enhance their online presence, more and more professionals are adding web design skills to their resume. If you are interested in learning how to plan, design, develop, and launch top-notch professional websites, the SMU Web Design Certificate is definitely for you.
Program fast facts
||Blended – Meets Mon. and Wed. Evenings
||September 22, 2014 – June 1, 2015
FREE Informational Video!
Watch a free on-demand informational video about the Web Design Certificate Program.
SMU Web Design Certificate Program
The SMU Certificate Program in Website Design prepares ambitious individuals to enter the growing Dallas or Texas creative industry with the confidence and credentials to succeed. With over 100 hours of web design education, you can earn your SMU Certificate in just 9 months. The certificate program allows you to:
- Learn new skills. Our classes build upon one another, utilizing the latest industry techniques and software.
- Practice in the real world. Hone your new skillset as you work on assigned website design projects between class sessions.
- Build your portfolio. Create a robust, final web design project to serve as the foundation for your professional portfolio.
- Network with peers. Build relationships as you learn alongside up to 15 design peers.
- Enhance your résumé. A certificate from SMU demonstrates your web design skills and training to employers.
Who should attend the certificate program?
- Aspiring web design professionals seeking a strong foundation in web technologies and techniques
- Seasoned web professionals looking to learn current best practices and gain a professional credential
- Graphic design or administrative professionals seeking to enhance their skill set, training, and resume
- Small business professionals looking to create or improve their website
Strengthen Your Career or Start a New One!
Web Design is one of the fastest growing professions in America and Dallas, Texas is on the leading edge of that growth. For several years now, The Wall Street Journal has named web design as one of the top jobs in America. In addition, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts rapid growth for the web design industry during the next 10 years.