Program fast facts
||October 6, 2014 - April 1, 2015 (Dallas Campus)
The SMU Certificate in Paralegal Studies is a six-month, non-credit certificate program designed to advance the skills of professionals in the legal industry.
SMU’s program focuses on practical training and knowledge used in the legal workplace. The certificate program is divided into six educational course components, including Introduction to Law, Torts & Personal Injury, Legal Research & Writing, Civil Litigation, Contract Law, and Bankruptcy for a total of over 120 classroom and coursework hours.
If you are interested in enhancing your professional skill set, the SMU Paralegal Certificate is for you – Enroll Today!
SMU Paralegal Certificate students will…
- Collaborate with peers in a blended learning setting – in class, online, and independent study.
- Receive career development support, including resume-writing and interviewing skills.
- Earn a professional certificate upon successful completion of the program.
Who should attend?
- Legal assistants and staff wishing to enhance or advance their skill sets
- People seeking knowledge of the paralegal profession
- Students considering law school who would like a head-start on their peers
View the on-demand informational video