Program fast facts
||April 14 – October 1, 2015
Evenings on the SMU-in-Plano campus
Paralegal Certificate Program Tuition
Tuition for the Certificate Program in Paralegal Studies is $5,495. This includes tuition, access to our online learning system, and all textbooks and materials. There is a $50 application fee before you submit your completed enrollment form along with a photocopy of your undergraduate transcript.
Program Entrance Requirement
Admission into the program requires a four-year undergraduate degree. This ensures that our graduates are qualified not only for employment after they graduate, but also prepared for the level of training offered at SMU. Additional requirements include, basic computing and word-processing skills, access to the internet (preferably high-speed), and an updated resume.
To apply for the paralegal program, follow the steps below:
- Select the program of your choice, and submit your $50 application fee by clicking here.
- Complete the enrollment form that you receive in your email confirmation and submit the form along with a photocopy or your undergraduate transcript or diploma via the methods listed on the enrollment form.
- SMU will confirm your acceptance and facilitate your payment for the program of your choice.
SMU faculty, staff, students, and alumni save 10%! Total Cost: $4,945
Financing Options for the Paralegal Certificate
SMU has a relationship with Sallie Mae for their Smart Options Continuing Education Student Loan. To apply for this loan and enroll in the Paralegal Certificate program follow the steps below:
: Your requested loan amount cannot exceed the program tuition)
- Select the program of your choice, enroll in the application course and submit your $50 application fee by clicking here.
- Complete and submit the application you receive in your email confirmation. The form can be faxed or emailed to the CAPE office. The fax number and email address are on the form.
- Apply for the loan through our official portal on the Sallie Mae website. You will receive your decision in less than 30 minutes after applying for the loan.
- You will receive an award letter from the CAPE office and a registration email confirming your enrollment in the program.
If you are currently employed in the legal field and you have questions about whether you can meet our requirements, please contact us.
Paralegal Certificate Program Policies
All course textbooks and course materials are included in the tuition price.
Students must enroll before attending courses in this program. Instructors cannot accept enrollment fees. SMU reserves the right to substitute instructors, change course locations, cancel courses, adjust curricula or schedules, or limit enrollment.
WITHDRAWAL: Students wishing to withdraw from the program are required to provide written notice of their withdrawal request to the Program Office via e-mail to: email@example.com.
REFUND POLICY FOR CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS: At SMU Continuing and Professional Education, we understand that sometimes our students may need to cancel an enrollment. In this even, we happily provide the following options:
Before the certificate program begins:
• Students may receive a refund, minus a $150.00 handling fee.
• Students may transfer to another cohort free of charge so long as s/he will complete their program within the 18 month time frame as noted previously.
After the certificate program begins:
• NO refund will be allowed.
• Students may transfer to another cohort / class free of charge so long as s/he will complete their program within the 18 month time frame as noted previously (one class is allowed to be taken free of charge, subsequent failed or incomplete courses are subject to the aforementioned cost per course).
• We do not provide any prorated refunds nor credits.
Full details are available in the certificate terms and conditions provided during the application process.