Program fast facts
||9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
||$2,800 - non members
$2,100 - members
The highly regarded Nonprofit Leadership Certificate Program is uniquely designed to maximize both the industry expertise of the Center for Nonprofit Management and the academic reputation and quality standards of Southern Methodist University to give nonprofit leaders the opportunity to explore their leadership style and strengths while exploring practical ways to more effectively achieve their organization’s mission.
- Develop skills based on relevant leadership theories and practices in the context of the nonprofit management
- Gain insight into personal leadership strengths and styles
- Build techniques for leading interpersonally- with teams, as mission advocates, and as organizational change agents
- Understand the role of executive leadership in creating a robust organization and a stronger community
- Develop a network of peers to share wisdom, proven practices, and support
- Receive a Nonprofit Leadership Certificate from SMU and CNM
Attendees are encouraged to take the sessions in consecutive order and to complete the course in one term. Participants are required to attend all sessions to receive certification.
All courses are taught by instructors with extensive backgrounds in leadership development. Each instructor has an advanced academic degree, with demonstrated experience and accomplishments in his or her field.
Participants should have at least five years of nonprofit work experience and have held CEO and/or executive position(s) at a nonprofit agency for a minimum of two years, either as a paid staff member or as a volunteer. Executive Directors are welcome to identify an up and coming leader with the requisite years of experience as a candidate for the program. Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Course Fees & Application
- $2,100 Center for Nonprofit Management members
- $2,800 Non-members
Registration includes all materials, continental breakfast and lunch (full day program only).