Program fast facts
||Students are given 3 months to complete the program
|HOURS OF INSTRUCTION
Have you ever dreamed of developing the next big app for the iOS and Android mobile operating systems? If so, our mobile application developer training course is for you. In addition to learning how to create mobile apps for iOS and Android, you'll also receive a professional certification in one of the fastest growing fields in IT.
Whether you're looking to begin a new career as an app developer, or just looking to broaden your knowledge for your own enjoyment, our mobile application course is the place to begin. Over the course of your training, you'll learn the skills you need with our hands-on, real-world project based learning approach.
Upon completion of the mobile app developer training course, you'll have fully functional apps that demonstrate your understanding of mobile application development for both Android and iOS operating systems. Moreover, you'll have an impressive portfolio, and a certification that demonstrates you have the skills and knowledge needed to succeed as a mobile app developer for the two most widely used mobile operating systems on the market today.
You'll also learn how to identify customer needs, how to create a successful project plan, and develop your interpersonal communication skills to help you understand and articulate complex concepts and ideas. Finally, you'll learn how to create revenue streams from apps you develop.
Our mobile application training includes video interviews of entrepreneurs, hardware technicians, and mobile application creators, and explores the career opportunities available to professional developers.
Upon successfully completing this program, students have the necessary knowledge and experience to create mobile apps for both the Android and iOS operating systems. You'll be able to:
- Complete the certification exam for the Apprentice Mobile Application Designer and Developer Certification provided by WebProfessionals.org
- Understand the basics of programming and programming of mobile apps
- Understand the Design Process and Mobile Application Life Cycles
- Understand the basics of User Interface and User Experience design
- Understand how to monetize an app to generate revenue
- Recognize what it takes to be a professional in the industry
- Understand the fundamentals of how mobile hardware works
- Created a variety of apps
- Demonstrate how to deploy apps to different devices including iOS, Droid, Windows, Blackberry and Mac
- Analyze, test and write critical reviews of mobile applications
- Present your functional app to a customer or investor
What Are the Benefits?
- Expertise of professional instructors teaches you real-world skills
- Convenience and flexibility of an online certificate program
This SMU CAPE online certificate is offered through our curriculum partner, WorldEducation.net. World Education, LLC is the trusted leader in online learning, fully immersed each day in its mission of providing quality education to the world. Offering innovative learning solutions to accredited colleges and universities, World Education serves thousands of students and partners worldwide.
As with all of our courses in partnership with Worldeducation.net, this offering is 100% online, self-paced and instructor-facilitated. And our open enrollment policy allows students to begin learning at their convenience from the comfort of their own homes. Enrolling is easy and completely safe using our secure online registration process.
Upon completion of your training, you will be enrolled in the final certification exam which will prepare you to sit for the Apprentice Mobile Application Design and Development Certification Exam. To receive this certification you must complete the practical (project and tutorial) work and pass the certification final exam. You earn a WOW Apprentice Certification offered through www.webprofessionals.org
Who Should Attend?
Students seeking skills to build a career in mobile app design and development or those learning for their personal enjoyment can benefit from the course. No prior design, programming or graphics programming experience are necessary. It is helpful to have a basic familiarity with computers. A high school level of mathematics, reading and writing is assumed.