Program Fast Facts
||Priority Rate (before February 28, 2017): $3,745
Standard Rate: $3,995
||March 14 - December 5, 2017
6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
The program is offered in a convenient evening format to fit your busy schedule. Simply follow the steps below to enroll in the Graphic Design Certificate Program at SMU!
Graphic Design Certificate Program Tuition and Fees
Tuition for the Certificate Program in Graphic Design is $3,995. SMU faculty, staff, students, and alumni save 10%! There is a $50 non-refundable application fee before you submit your completed enrollment form.
*Please note: Textbooks are not included in the cost of the course and can be purchased online or at a bookstore of your choice. You will receive the book list by email before the first class begins.
Admission to the SMU Graphic Design Certificate program requires:
- A four year undergraduate degree and/or four years of related professional work experience
- A personal laptop computer (to bring to classroom sessions)
- Adobe Creative Cloud software installed
- Hi-speed internet access
- Basic computer knowledge
There are two ways to enroll in this program:
- Complete the online registration form and submit a credit card for payment here.
- Apply for a Continuing Education Student Loan through Sallie Mae. Details are provided below.
SMU has a relationship with Sallie Mae for their Smart Options Continuing Education Student Loan. To apply for this loan and enroll in the Graphic Design Certificate program follow the steps below:
(Please note: Your requested loan amount cannot exceed the program tuition)
YOU MUST COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION FOR THE SALLIE MAE LOAN 14 DAYS BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF THE PROGRAM.
- Apply for the loan through our official Sallie Mae portal website. You will receive your decision in less than 30 minutes after applying for the loan. If you are approved for the loan please continue to the next step.
- Download and complete the enrollment form and fax or email it to the CAPE office. The fax number and email address are on the form.
- Create your student account here. When you get to the payment screen you can close out of the system as your tuition will be paid by your Sallie Mae loan check which will be sent to the CAPE office.
Suspension of Attendance, Cancellation of Registration, or Withdrawal
SMU CAPE professional certificate enrollment is final as of 3 business days prior to first class start date and programs are intended to be successfully completed in full. Once you are enrolled, withdrawal from the program or not completing the program forfeits your tuition costs. We do not provide any prorated refunds or credits for partial certificate program completion. However, students may transfer to another cohort / class free of charge, provided there is space available and time remaining for them to successfully complete the program. Students may also put funds in escrow for up to 12 months for use by themselves or someone else if withdrawing prior to program start date.
If a withdrawal request is received in writing (email sent to email@example.com) more than three full business days prior to the first class start date students may receive a refund, minus a $250.00 processing fee.
Failure to attend class does not constitute withdrawal. All refunds will be made in the form of the original payment. Please allow up to six weeks to receive check refunds. Full details are available in the certificate terms and conditions provided during the application process.