In a competitive marketplace, brand recognition and design ingenuity are crucial. Businesses turn to graphic designers to create and maintain their brand identity, and to support their marketing and online presence. Learn to plan, manage and deliver professional graphic design projects at SMU – Enroll Today!
FREE informational video!
Watch our free on-demand information video about the Graphic Design Certificate Program.
Program Fast Facts
||Blended – Meets T/TH Evenings
||September 23 - May 26, 2015
SMU offers two options for students interested in learning graphic design: The SMU Certificate in Graphic Design or individual skill-development courses. All students will learn real-world skills from expert instructors in both a classroom and online environment.
SMU Graphic Design Certificate Program
The Graphic Design Certificate Program at SMU enhances your professional skills with over 100 hours of graphic design education. You can earn your SMU certificate in just 9 months. The full certificate program allows you to:
- Learn new skills. Our classes build upon one another, utilizing the latest industry techniques and Adobe software.
- Practice in the real world. Hone your new skill set as you work on assigned design projects between class sessions.
- Build your portfolio. Create a robust, final graphic design project to serve as the foundation for your professional portfolio.
- Network with peers. Build relationships as you learn alongside up to 15 design peers.
Who should attend the program?
- Aspiring graphic design professionals seeking a strong foundation in the latest Adobe software.
- Seasoned graphic design professionals looking to learn best practices and gain a professional credential.
- Graphic design or administrative professionals seeking to enhance their design skills and training.
- Small business professionals looking to create a strong corporate brand.
Individual Skill-Development Short Courses
If you are interested in learning specific graphic design skills, but not a full certificate, SMU offers several short courses. These courses include Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Our skill-development courses are intended for those seeking a specific software skill set, and do not contribute to the completion of the SMU certificate program. Click here for a list of upcoming skill-development short courses.
Download a PDF diagram of our certificate process
Learn more about the SMU Certificate in Graphic Design!