In a competitive marketplace, brand recognition and design ingenuity are crucial. Businesses turn to graphic designers to create and maintain their brand identity, and to support their marketing and online presence. Learn to plan, manage and deliver professional graphic design projects at SMU – Enroll Today!
SMU offers two paths to graphic design success: The SMU Graphic Design Certificate Program or individual skill-development courses. All students will learn real-world skills from expert instructors in both a classroom and online environment.
SMU Graphic Design Certificate Program
The Graphic Design Certificate Program at SMU prepares ambitious individuals to enter the growing Dallas or Texas creative industry with the confidence and credentials to succeed. With over 100 hours of graphic design education, you can earn your SMU Certificate in just 9-months. The full certificate program allows you to:
- Learn new skills. Our classes build upon one another, utilizing the latest industry techniques and Adobe software.
- Practice in the real world. Hone your new skillset as you work on assigned design projects between class sessions.
- Build your portfolio. Create a robust, final graphic design project to serve as the foundation for your professional portfolio.
- Network with peers. Build relationships as you learn alongside up to 15 design peers.
- Enhance your résumé. A certificate from SMU demonstrates your design skills and training to employers.
Who should attend the program?
- Aspiring graphic design professionals seeking a strong foundation in the latest Adobe CS6 software applications.
- Seasoned graphic design professionals looking to learn best practices and gain a professional credential.
- Graphic design or administrative professionals seeking to enhance their résumé and career with design skills and training.
- Small business professionals looking create a strong corporate brand.
Individual Skill-Development Graphic Design Courses
For those looking to enhance their graphic design skills in a particular Adobe software program, SMU offers popular short courses. Some courses are held online while others are at the Dallas campus. They include introductory and intermediate classes in Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Our skill-development courses are intended for those seeking a specific software skillset, and do not contribute to the completion of the SMU certificate program.
View a schedule of upcoming courses
Download a PDF diagram of our certificate process
Learn more about the SMU Certificate Program in Graphic Design!