Program fast facts
- Traditional Path (one night per week)
- Pacesetter Path (two nights per week)
- Intensive 11-month cohort program
||Dallas Campus or SMU-in-Plano
|NEXT ENTRY DATE
||January 20, 2015 (Intensive)
Fill out the form below to get your free copy of the CFP® Certification Guide.
To get your career in financial planning started, enroll in SMU's Certificate Program in Financial Planning.
THE CERTIFICATION TRADEMARK ABOVE IS OWNED BY CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER BOARD OF STANDARDS, INC. IN THE UNITED STATES AND IS AWARDED TO INDIVIDUALS WHO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE CFP BOARD’S INITIAL AND ONGOING CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS.
- Choose a starting date. Students may join the SMU Program in April or September on the main campus in Dallas, or in January at SMU-in-Plano.
- Choose a track. Students may elect to take one course per quarter, on the Traditional Path, or take 2 courses per quarter on the Pacesetter Path (at a discounted rate). Students in the SMU CPFP in Plano program move through the program one course at at time, at an accelerated pace; each of the seven courses in the program are taught in 6-week modules. For an overview of the course paths, click here.
- Enroll in an Information Session. New online information sessions coming soon! These on-demand sessions are packed with information about the SMU Program and the CFP® certification process. Join our mailing list to be notified when the new session is available.
- Meet program instructors, view prerequisites and course fees.
- Complete the program application. Click here to complete the SMU program application process.
- Register for class. After the application has been approved, students may enroll online, by phone, or by fax. Traditional Path and Plano students begin the program with course 101; Pacesetter Path students begin with courses 101 and 103.