The SMU Certificate Program in Financial Planning combines expert instructors, CFP-Board registered curriculum and flexible course schedules to provide the premier financial planning educational program in North Texas.
Program fast facts
- Traditional Path (one night per week)
- Pacesetter Path (two nights per week)
- Intensive 11-month cohort program
||Main Campus or SMU-in-Plano
|NEXT ENTRY DATE
||September 15, 2014
FREE online infosession!
View our free informational video with more details about the program.
- Learn to perform comprehensive financial planning services with an emphasis on
high-quality client service
- Acquire the educational requirements needed to sit for the CFP® Certification
- Earn a certificate in financial planning from SMU
Strengthen Your Professional Net Worth
The SMU Certificate Program in Financial Planning is designed primarily
to train those currently employed in the financial services industry who
would like to build upon their prior professional experience and expand the
breadth and value of their services.
Market research indicates that the financial planning field
is one of the fastest growing professions in America. In
fact, for several years now, Jobs Rated Almanac has named financial
planning as one of the top-rated jobs in America. The U.S. Bureau of Labor
Statistics predicts faster-than-average growth for financial
planners as a better-educated, wealthier and longer-living
population requires more investment advice and financial guidance. Click
here to learn more.
Who Should Attend?
- Financial Planners
- Investment advisors
- Trust officers
- Retirement or benefits specialists
- Insurance agents