All courses meet on the main campus in Dallas unless otherwise noted. Parking on the SMU campus requires a permit. CAPE participants who are not affiliated with the University may purchase a CAPE parking permit or use visitor parking for an hourly fee.
Courses noted with PLANO are held on SMU’s Plano campus on Tennyson Parkway. Parking is free at SMU-in-Plano and no permit is required.
A confirmation letter containing course location and a parking permit (Dallas campus) will be mailed/e-mailed to all enrolled students. Enrollees are encouraged to contact the office if confirmation is not received promptly.
Enrolled students may use their course confirmation letter as their
student parking pass in the following spaces, and with the following
- Airline Garage, levels 2 – 5 only
- Binkley Garage, levels 3 – 5 only
- All University Parking lots (AUP)
- Most Faculty/Staff lots (F/S), available after 5 p.m. Monday – Friday,
and Saturdays anytime
- Do not park in the F/S lot on the first level of Airline Garage;
it is reserved for faculty and staff
at all times
- Commuter Lots (C)
Please click here to view important information about road closures and campus construction.
- Your course confirmation letter servse as your student parking
pass, and is valid only for the specific dates
and times of your course.
- Display your parking
pass/course confirmation letter clearly on your
- Only one permit is needed per course. This pass can be used for every
session the class meets.
- If you are parking in a garage (Airline or Binkley), please enter the gate code found on your parking
pass/course confirmation letter.
- Visitor parking lots may be utilized; the fee is $1 per hour,
payable in coins.
- Parking permits are NOT needed at SMU-in-Plano.
- Parking spaces marked as RESERVED
are not available at any time.
- Handicapped parking is only
available with valid DMV permit.
- Please observe all state traffic
and parking regulations, such as avoiding fire lanes.
- If you wish to dispute a citation, all appeals must be submitted