All courses meet on the main campus in Dallas unless otherwise noted. Parking on the SMU campus requires a permit. SMU CAPE participants who are not affiliated with the University may purchase an SMU CAPE parking permit or use visitor parking for an hourly fee.
Courses noted with PLANO are held on SMU’s Plano campus on Tennyson Parkway. Parking is free at SMU-in-Plano and no permit is required.
A confirmation letter containing course location and a parking permit (Dallas campus) will be mailed/e-mailed to all enrolled students. Enrollees are encouraged to contact the office if confirmation is not received promptly.
Enrolled students may use their course confirmation letter as their student parking pass in the following spaces, and with the following guidelines:
- Airline Garage, levels 2 – 5 only
- Binkley Garage, levels 3 – 5 only
- All University Parking lots (AUP)
- Most Faculty/Staff lots (F/S), available after 5 p.m. Monday – Friday, and Saturdays anytime. Do not park in the F/S lot on the first level of Airline Garage; it is reserved for faculty and staff at all times.
- Commuter Lots (C)
- Your course confirmation letter servse as your student parking pass, and is valid only for the specific dates and times of your course.
- Display your parking pass/course confirmation letter clearly on your vehicle's dashboard.
- Only one permit is needed per course. This pass can be used for every session the class meets.
- If you are parking in a garage (Airline or Binkley), please enter the gate code found on your parking pass/course confirmation letter.
- Visitor parking lots may be utilized; the fee is $1 per hour, payable in coins.
- Parking permits are NOT needed at SMU-in-Plano.
- Parking spaces marked as RESERVED are not available at any time.
- Handicapped parking is only available with valid DMV permit.
- Please observe all state traffic and parking regulations, such as avoiding fire lanes.
- If you wish to dispute a citation, all appeals must be submitted online.