- Am I required to register my upcoming international travel?
- Can I register a student group?
- How do I register and sumbit request for travel to Restricted Region?
- What information will I need in order to complete my registration?
- Why is my date of birth incorrect?
- How can I correct my contact information?
- How can I register my family and friends?
- Do I need to provide information on the individual cities that I plan to visit?
- How can I retrieve a saved application?
1. Am I required to register my upcoming international travel?
Yes. Per university policy, students and employees planning to travel internationally for any University sponsored purpose must register their travel in advance. Failure to provide this information in advance of travel may result in withholding University permission to travel and/or reimbursement of travel expenses.
2. Can I register a student group?
No. The program currently does not allow users to upload or register group of travelers. Individuals will have to self register. Please DO NOT use the co-traveler fields to register your student group.
3. How do I register and submit a request for travel to Restricted Region?
You may click here to register and submit your request to travel to a Restricted Region.
To comply with the SMU Travel Management Policy 3.7, SMU faculty, staff and students traveling internationally to a region of the world that the Bureau of Consular Affairs of the U.S. State Department has identified as an area that requires travelers to exert special efforts to mitigate risk and, when necessary, to avoid travel altogether, must receive authorization prior to traveling. Such areas are identified as restricted regions and are evaluated for level of risk involved. Category 1 designates an area of extreme risk, Category 2 of high risk, and Category 3 of moderate risk. The SMU Office of Risk Management maintains on its website a current Restricted Regions by Categories list. The steps for requesting approval to travel to these high-risk regions has also been incorporated within this new process.
4. What information will I need in order to complete my registration?
- Information required for registering travel to Non-Restricted Regions.
- Information required for registering travel to Restricted Regions.
5. Why is my date of birth incorrect?
For security purposes, the system does not display your correct date of birth.
6. How can I correct my contact information?
You may make correction to your contact information by visiting access.smu.edu. Information in the travel registration program is imported from the Access.SMU database.
7. How can I register my spouse and children?
While completing your registration, you can purchase travel health insurance for your co-traveling family and friends by completing the Co-traveler questionnaire. This coverage will be provided at an additional cost to you. Risk Management will send you an invoice for the co-traveler insurance premium. SMU is not responsible for this expense. The premium rates are provided below:
- Spouse/Others: $3.46/day
- Children: $1.95/day/child
8. Do I need to provide information on the individual cities that I plan to visit?
The program enables you to register multiple destinations. On the first page of your registration, please select all the cities that you plan to visit. However, while completing Itinerary Details questionnaire, you may only provide information on the countries that you plan to visit.
9. How can I retrieve a saved application?
Click here and log in to access your previously saved or submitted applications. The system will display your applications in a descending order.