Faculty and Staff
Training will be provided to those who have registered and offered on a first-come-first-served basis. We will make every effort to accommodate those who are interested in attending and will add additional sessions if possible. Should a session be full at the time of registration, please place yourself on the waiting list so that we can try to accommodate you.
For all Instructor Led Workshops (except those regarding my.SMU)
- Log in to my.SMU using your 8 digit SMU ID and password. Click on “Self Service” and then “Learning and Development.”
- Select “Request Training Enrollment.”
- To view courses offered by OIT clicking “Search by Course Number". Enter “IT” in the search field and then click “Search.”
- Click “View Available Sessions” and then “Session Number.” Please confirm that you are available on this day and that the course is the right one. Check the box to be added to the waitlist if you would like this option (you will be notified if a seat becomes available and given the option to be enrolled at that time). Then click “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Submit” to finalize your Request for Training Enrollment. You should see a confirmation that your request was submitted. You may also check your enrollment status by clicking on “Training Summary.” We will send out confirmations of enrollment at a later date.
Prior permission is needed for my.SMU training
. Security and training for my.SMU (Access.SMU) must first be approved by the Registrar’s Office or appropriate Module Lead. Once we obtain permission to train on my.SMU we will contact the trainee with course information. Managers may request security and training for their employee by submitting a Help Desk ticket. Please note, for security purposes the Training Team can only accept my.SMU (Access.SMU) training requests via the Help Desk ticket system. For instructions, click here.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the workshop you wish to attend along with its date and time.