(currently not compatible with IE8. Please use Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome)
About the Room Reservation System
RoomRes is a web room reservation system built by OIT. It allows SMU users to book a room or reserve equipment for various locations on campus.
The tool uses calendars in the SMU email system. When a user makes a reservation, a calendar appointment is entered on the user's and resource's calendars.
RoomRes is easy to use:
- Go to https://roomres.smu.edu.
- Log in with your SMU ID and password.
- Select the appropriate location from the drop down list and click Go.
- Click on the starting time slot you want to reserve.
- Click on the ending time slot you want to reserve.
- In the confirmation box, click Reserve.
An email and an appointment confirmation will be sent to your SMU email account.
To cancel an appointment
- Login to https://webmail.smu.edu
- Locate the appointment within your calendar
- Click Delete Meeting
Requesting RoomRes Calendars
Room owners may request more rooms be added to the RoomRes system. This solution has the following requirements:
- If it doesn't already exist, an SMU Exchange calendar will be created for each of the rooms/resources requested.
- Only free/busy information shows in the RoomRes system. Details regarding the reservation's owner can only be viewed from the Exchange calendar.
- Individuals using the system to book an reservation must have an SMU email account.
Requestors are allowed to customize the following
- The email that is sent when a reservation is made.
- The hours that are available for reservations. You will need to create events in the resource's calendar to block off times that you don't want people to make reservations.
- The maximum time for each reservation.