About Go ToMeeting
Go ToMeeting is an online meeting space allowing a number of people to participate, collaborate and view presentations from anywhere in the world. Go ToMeeting requires the installation of an application on the host computer. A meeting is scheduled in advance and the meeting invitation is distributed to the appropriate attendees. The attendees then visit a special website to join the meeting. The presenter can choose to allow audio interaction, question and answer panels, surveys etc.
This solution is designed for online meetings with shared content. It is not ideal as a simple conference bridge where all attendees simply dial into the meeting. Long distance charges will apply for the call as it does not provide a toll free number. Audio can be provided for free by using your computer speakers and microphone (if installed).
- Audio: If your computer has a built in microphone and/or webcam, the audio and video can be available to the attendants. A built in conference bridge is also included and can be used by anyone involved in the online meeting.
- Recording the meeting: Meetings can be recorded and downloaded locally in either the Go ToMeeting format or a Windows Media File.
- Chat: A presenter can enable the chat component which allows the attendees to type a question during the meeting. These questions can then be answered during the meeting or after-- whichever is appropriate.
- Shared control: If necessary, control of the mouse and keyboard as well as content display can be passed from one attendee to another within the meeting.
OIT has purchased a set of 25 licenses for initial distribution. These licenses are being allocated to several departments that have expressed a need for this technology. If your department is also interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Within each department is a designated manager of the Go ToMeeting organizer license. That department can assist in scheduling your online meetings.
If your department does not have a designated license or you simply need to schedule a meeting occasionally, the help desk can assist with that request.
Go ToMeetings will host a maximum of 25 attendees in an online meeting. If you are scheduling an event that would require additional attendees, please contact the help desk to discuss other options.
Organizers and Departmental Licenses
Each active organizer in the system consumes 1 license. Therefore, to share the license among various individuals, there are a few options
- One main organizer is granted access to the system. All meetings are scheduled through them. They are required to start and end a webinar session as well for all meetings. Only one meeting may be scheduled at any given time by that organizer.
- The account manager can create several organizer accounts in order to grant each person their own login and password. When needed, the manager can login to the system and suspend an organizer account. Only one organizer account should be active at a time. The new active organizer is then able to schedule their meeting and control the webinar start and end times.