About SMU Wireless
There are two primary wireless networks on campus: PerunaNet and SMU1911. These wireless networks are centrally managed by OIT.
PerunaNet is the secured wireless network available only to SMU faculty, staff and students with an active SMU ID and password.
- In order to connect to PerunaNet, your device must be configured properly. Even if the device detects PerunaNet, it may not connect automatically without changes to the default configuration.
- PerunaNet is available throughout campus and is the secured wireless network. This is the recommended network for all mobile devices on campus.
- PerunaNet connections have access to a wide range of resources restricted to SMU.
- Mobile devices may connect to PerunaNet provided they are configured with the appropriate security type.
SMU1911 is the guest wireless networks available primarily in the SMU Libraries.
- SMU1911 does not require special configuration. However, you will need to enter an email address via the registration portal before a network connection is established. Any web browser will automatically be redirected to this registration page upon the initial connection.
- SMU1911 is not a secured wireless network. Therefore it is not recommended for regular usage by the SMU Community.
- SMU1911 connections are restricted primarily to web traffic only. Some email configurations may not work while connected to this network.
Other Managed Wireless Networks
Dedmanlaw is the wireless network available only in the SMU Law School. The configuration of this network is the same as PerunaNet with the exception of the SSID.
AdobeNet is the wireless network available only on the SMU in Taos campus.
MobiSMU2 is closed wireless network for dedicated devices. Not for general use by the SMU Community or the public.