Wiki.SMU is an online documentation system that allows for collaboration and shared editing of articles.
- Instructons/ How- to articles
- Process documentation
- Frequently-updated documents
- Document versioning
Benefits of using Wiki.SMU
- Wiki documentation is available on the web, from anywhere
- Viewing and editing wiki pages can be restricted to certain network users and groups
- Information in one page can be used in other pages, making frequently-updated information easier to manage
- Documents are indexed and easily searchable
- Editing uses a simple graphical interface; pictures can be pasted directly into pages
- Wiki documents are versioned: changes are tracked over time
Requesting a Wiki
Faculty and staff may request a wiki for instructional or departmental usage. The request form can be completed via the Online Support Center.