Blackboard's SafeAssign Wiki Page
SafeAssign Instructor's Manual
SafeAssign Student's Manual
This tool is designed to help you know if you have properly cited papers by
flagging text found in other online sources.
are the steps for submitting a paper through the SafeAssign's direct submit.
- In the Control Panel to the click Course Tools. That will expand the options.
- Click SafeAssign in the light blue area
- Choose Direct Submit in the large frame.
- Click Submit a paper
- Attached your file by clicking Upload File
- If you expect to resubmit make sure you submit as a draft
- Click Submit at the bottom right.
To view your results go back to SafeAssign as described above.
Your results will appear in the SA Report column. It will appear
as a green check.
SafeAssign promises a 24 hour turn around. We have experienced faster times. In
our test, average submissions of less than 25 pages have returned in less than 3 hours. The time it will take to analyze a document depends on its
length and complexity.
SafeAssign will accept the following file formats: .zip, .docx, .doc, .text, .pfd, .art and .html.
A .zip file can only contain one or more of the other formats.
Apple Safari Issue
If you are experiencing problems using SafeAssign with Apple's Safari set your preferences to accept all cookies.