SMU has a site license agreement for Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) Master Collection. This license covers all University owned faculty, staff, and lab computers.
The Design and Web Premium CC package includes the following software titles:
- Photoshop Extended
- Acrobat Pro XI
- Flash Pro
- Premier Pro
- additional Adobe tools
The software may not be installed on equipment that is loaned to students for extended periods of time (6 hours or more).
Obtaining the Software
The software is available via the LANDesk software portal for installation. You can choose to install the application when it is most convenient for you. Faculty and Staff in Cox or Lyle will need to check with their local IT Support for installation instructions. The installation takes approximately 30-40 minutes to complete per selected program.
Before you install CC, you will need to remove any previous instances of Adobe Web or Design Premium Software. To help with the removal process, download and run the Clean Up Tool from the Adobe website or use the Windows Control Panel to uninstall individual packages. When prompted, remove only those titles that are covered under the agreement. If you had additional Adobe software (Captivate etc) do not remove those title. These packages will still be covered under individual licenses purchased by the Departments.
- Click Start-Programs--LANDesk Management---Desktop Manager.
- If you do not see the Adobe application listed, click Refresh.
- Please note- There will be several packages available: Adobe Acrobat Pro and individual Adobe CC products (such as Adobe Photoshop CC).
- To install Acrobat Pro only, select that application and click Deploy.
- To install CC programs and Adobe Acrobat Pro, you must remove any existing installations of Adobe Acrobat Pro. Then click all desired CC products, including Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Check the box next to the application and click Deploy.
- Please Note--- you will not see any activity during the install! The status will just say downloading until the packages are installed. The progress bar will not move. The install takes up to 60 minutes. Since there are so many programs in the Master Collection, you have the option to select which programs you desire.
- Click the Chevron icon in the upper right menu bar.
- Click Software Portal. The LANDesk PBD Update window will appear.
- Select the desired Adobe programs from the list of available applications.
- Click Install.
If you are unable to access any software through the LANDesk Desktop Manager or do not see the Chevron icon on a Mac, you may need to reinstall the LANDesk agent. Go to Securenet.smu.edu and download the latest agent for your University owned machine. This applies to those machines managed by OIT only. Cox and Engineering employess should contact their local tech support.
Work from Home Purchase
For more information, visit this link and click on the "Work at Home Applications" tab.
Disks will not be available for the campus licensed software. All installations must be done via LANDesk.
Please remember, it is especially important with CC to install all updates for Adobe products when prompted to do so.