The SMU Email account is created in conjunction with the normal account creation process. For students, this process occurs upon acceptance into the University. Faculty and Staff accounts are created automatically based on employment data.
SMU will never ask you to verify your account password, SSN, or other personal data in an email or IM. If you receive an email requesting you to provide any private details about your account, please delete it immediately. For more information on phishing, click here.
Accessing SMU Email
SMU email can be accessed via webmail.smu.edu. In addition, email clients such as Outlook, Entourage, Mac Mail and others can be configured to retrieve mail from the SMU servers. Mail clients can also be configured on cellular phones and tablet devices.
Whenever possible, configure your mail clients using the Exchange configuration. This provides full synchronization of mail, contacts and calendar items. IMAP and POP configurations are also available. For more details on the configuration options, please click here.
About the SMU Email Account
- @smu.edu and @mail.smu.edu formats are interchangeable
- SMU Email can not be forwarded to another email address
- The maximum message size allowed by the servers is 30 MB. For sending larger attachments, please use locker.smu.edu.
- Students retain their SMU email account one full year following graduation.
- The current storage quota for faculty and staff is 2 GB.
- The current storage quota for students is 1 GB.
- Spam filtering is provided automatically on the server.
- Client side spam filters are also available.
- All names and addresses automatically populate the Global Address List. This address list is available in Webmail, and may be available in other email clients depending on the configuration.