IT offers remote support sessions to assist in troubleshooting and training. These sessions must be initiated by an IT Support person. However, each session must be approved by you before a technician has access to your computer. Once the connection is established, you can grant full permissions or view only permissions to the support personnel. You will be able to see and interact with the support personnel throughout the session and can cancel the session at any time. All sessions are completely encrypted and secure.
- The temporary agent used to handle the connection is completely uninstalled at the end of the session
- Remote support is available for any operating system, from anywhere in the world
- Support staff can not connect to your machine without your knowledge
- You must be present throughout the remote session.
- There are two remote control technologies used by IT: LanDesk is used for SMU owned and managed computers, Bomgar is used for student and personal machines.
To begin a remote session using Bomgar,