About Classroom Support
SMU Classrooms are equipped with a wide range of technology resources to assist in teaching. Most classrooms are equipped with computers, projectors and audio capabilities. Additional equipment such as classroom response systems, VCRs, etc are available by request.
- Emergency support as well as training is available whenever classes are in session.
- If classroom help is needed, please call 8-8888 and a technician will be dispatched immediately.
- Support is also available for campus events that utilize the classrooms. Please make arrangements ahead of time to ensure that coverage is available for your event. Simply contact the Help Desk (8-4357) to request assistance.
- For training or to report problems with the equipment, please submit a request via the Online Support Center.
- Available equipment and instructions are listed by room on the Classroom List page.
The Classroom Support Team
The Classroom Support team is lead by Abby Kinney. This team supports various types of computers and AV equipment in classrooms throughout campus. When assistance is needed in a classroom, the Help Desk contacts classroom support by radio and the nearest technician is dispatched to resolve the call. The Classroom Support team regularly maintains and monitors the equipment in the classrooms to ensure the equipment is in working order for the faculty.
Classroom Support Staff
- Adam Jones, Technician/Programmer
The Classroom Support staff is located in 103 A on the 1st floor of Fondren Library West.