Most of our digital and online media support is provided through the SMU STAR Program. This program uses trained students to assist faculty and staff to develop CD-ROMs, DVDs, PowerPoint presentations, web pages, and many other types of computer-based instructional material. For over ten years the SMU STAR Program has helped faculty on hundreds of projects. You can request a help with a project by going to http://stars.smu.edu.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to contact us for help with:
- Developing course-related Web pages
- Digitizing slides and graphics for a course
- Converting audio and video recordings for use on the Web or as podcasts.
- Helping a faculty member use Facebook.
- Converting old materials to new formats.
- And much, much more...
You can see examples of faculty projects on the STARS Project Wiki.
Ian Aberle provides multimedia support and management of the STARS program. To request assistance for various multimedia projects, please contact Ian directly via email.