It just takes Minutes 2 Win at fitness! Join this challenge and get your fall started on the right foot. You can walk, bike, swim, take exercise classes...the possibilities are endless. Round up a few of your colleagues and create a team so you can support one another and yes, even exercise together!
Watch our recorded mini-webinar on how to track your activity in this challenge.
To earn a credit for this challenge you will need to:
1. Log your exercise activity weekly or daily for 5 out of the 6 weeks.
(There is no set "goal" for the amount of activity although a minimum of 90 minutes per week is recommended. You are simply tracking the number of minutes you are active during the challenge.)
2. Complete the pre-program and post-program self-assessment.
Instructions for the pre-assessment will be sent to you the week of September 17.
3. Complete 1 activity in each of the following categories:
- Receive personal training from the Dedman Center or any fitness facility;
- Attend one of the exercise seminars or watch one of the online videos found on the Wellpower website.
(Login in to the website, click the "Resources" tab at the top of the page and click to open the "Videos" page. Choose any of the videos listed. Be sure to log that you completed the video on the myProgress page.)
- Complete at least three classes at Dedman Center or other fitness facility or complete your own fitness video/workouts;
- Complete a community wellness event (5k, marathon, cycle race, etc.)
Heart Walk on September 8 will satisfy the community event element
Remember, you can sign up as an individual (team of 1) or start/join a team for extra support during this challenge.