|"The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison." -Ann Wigmore (co-founder of the Hippocrates Health Institute)
During this challenge, we’ll be focusing on meeting the USDA’s recommendation of consuming 5 (or more) servings of vegetables and fruits each day, as well as cutting down on processed, high sugar foods.
For this challenge, you must log how many days you consumed at least 5 fruits and vegetables, as well as how many days you ate a sugary dessert. Hopefully, by being more “mindful” of what you’re eating, you’ll be able to improve areas of your diet, as well as your health!
Registration for this challenge is required and runs May 6 – May 31, 2013. You must register by May 31 to participate in this challenge.
To earn the credit for this challenge you must:
- Log how many days you ate at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables and how many days you ate a sugary dessert. (Log activity on a weekly basis)
- Log completion of at least 1 on-campus wellness seminar or an approved online webinar (list of approved online webinars is coming soon).
** Note: you can go back and log past days during the challenge by changing the calendar function near the top of the MyProgress page; however, after June 26, the tracking function will close.
Watch our short recorded mini-webinar on how to sign up for this challenge and track your activity.
How To Sign Up For the Challenge
- Starting May 8, go to wellpower.smu.edu
- Be sure you are completely logged out of Wellpower
- Click “JOIN TODAY”
- Enter “Wellpower” as the corporate ID
- If you've completed a challenge before, click the “Returning User” button update your information
- If you are new, complete the Team Captain information (you can be a team of 1)
- Once you complete the profile information, you land on your dashboard
- Go to the myProgress tab to enter your activity starting May 13
| Registration Opens
|| May 8
| Challenge Begins
|| May 13
| Registration Ends
|| May 31
| Challenge Ends
|| June 21
| Last Day to Log Activity
|| June 26
Remember, you can sign up as an individual (team of 1) or start/join a team for extra support during this challenge.