SMU’s 2013 Open Enrollment takes place October 14 - October 31, 2012. The Open Enrollment period is the only opportunity for SMU employees to make changes to benefits elections for 2013, except for qualified life event changes. Please review the 2013 Benefits Highlights and 2013 Benefits Guide to determine if you want to make any changes to your benefits elections.
The Department of Human Resources has scheduled a series of sessions designed to help you make your choices for 2013. Click here to select and RSVP for your desired session.
If you are unable to attend a session, you can watch the video presentation of the session online, download handouts or the powerpoint slides for your reference.
How To Choose Your Medical Plan Online Presentation
Do you want to make changes or participate in a Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account?
For 2013 Open Enrollment, you must take action in the following situations:
- If you want to make changes to your current coverage, including adding or dropping dependents.
- If you want to participate in one or both of the Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) in 2013. All faculty and staff members must reconfirm their participation in an FSA even if they participated in an FSA in 2012.
- If you want to participate in the Health Savings Account (HSA) in 2013. All faculty and staff members must reconfirm their participation in the HSA even if they participated in the HSA in 2012.
If you do not want to make changes to your existing benefit elections and do not want to participate in a FSA/HSA for 2013 you do not need to take any action.
Making changes or electing a Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account via Access.SMU
SMU uses a secure, online open-enrollment application available through Access.SMU. To use the application:
- Log in to access.smu.edu. Enter your Access.SMU user ID and password as you normally would to review your pay statement.
- Click Benefits in the Employee Self-Service navigation on the right, then choose Benefits Enrollment to access your personalized Open Enrollment record.
- Be sure to read all instructions carefully before making elections for 2013.
2012 HR Fair
More information on vendors and plan changes will be available at SMU’s 2012 Human Resources Fair, 10:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 23 in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center Ballrooms. Vendor representatives will be on hand to answer questions about your options. Visit the HR Fair webpage for more information.