Loss of a loved one is a sad reality that all of us must deal with at some point in our lives. There are several benefits-related issues that you should consider.
- You will have to cancel your deceased dependent's coverage to avoid paying for coverage that is no longer needed.
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 31 days of the date of your event. Please include the date of your event in your email.
- Re-evaluate your Insurance needs and make changes as appropriate.
- Be sure to make any coverage changes and update your beneficiary designations for Basic and Supplemental Group Life and AD&D Insurance, as applicable.
- You can update your 403(b) Retirement Plan beneficiary designations by signing in to your account at smu.divinvest.com. Click Account Information -> Beneficiary Information.
- Review your tax withholding information and make any necessary changes via Access Self-Service. Please call the Payroll Office at extension 8-2073 if you have any questions.
Important: At times like this it is important that you take good care of yourself and your loved ones. Consider contacting SMU's Employee Assistance Program to speak with a counselor about how you and your family can best manage the transition following the death of someone close to you.