Congratulations! This is a busy time for you so be sure to make plans to enroll your child within the 31-day time period. Here are a few pointers...
- If you have coverage with SMU and your spouse/domestic partner has coverage with his/her employer, decide if it makes sense to enroll the child in your coverage or your spouse's coverage.
- If you decide to add the child to your SMU coverage send an email to email@example.com within 31 days of the date of your event. Please include the date of your event in your email.
- Your child's coverage will be retroactive to the date of birth or adoption, or the date of establishment of legal guardianship.
- Re-evaluate your Insurance needs and make changes as appropriate.
- Be sure to make any coverage changes and update your beneficiary designations for Basic and Supplemental Group Life and AD&D Insurance, as applicable.
- You can update your 403(b) Retirement Plan beneficiary designations by signing in to your account at smu.divinvest.com. Click Account Information -> Beneficiary Information.
- Review your tax withholding information and make any necessary changes via Access Self-Service. If you have any questions contact the Payroll Office at extension 8-2073.