The Grant and Contract Accounting department manages the financial component of the University's externally funded research, public service, and other separately budgeted projects.
Grant and Contract Accounting ensures compliance with University Policies and Procedures as well as those of the sponsoring organization by:
- Reviewing and approving all financial transactions on sponsored projects.
- Approving all new and incremental funding for sponsored projects and setting them up in the University's financial systems.
- Providing billing, collections, and financial reporting services for all sponsored projects.
- Serving as liaison to outside auditors examining the University's sponsored projects.
- Providing advice and support to Financial Officers and Principal Investigators/Project Directors in the financial conduct of their sponsored projects.
- Conducting the University's Indirect Cost Study at required intervals.