Parking and ID Card Services Office
Welcome to SMU! The Parking and ID Card Services Office offers solutions and directions to those who need to move around the campus. Reshaping public perception. Discovering a new way of doing business. Our mission is to provide SMU identification cards and a comprehensive array of parking services for the campus community, as well as visitors.
Need to activate your new ID card?
Log in with your SMU ID number and password at http://idcard.smu.edu. SMU employees and students who need a new or replacement SMU ID card visit the Parking and ID Card Services Office during business hours at your convenience.
Order Your New 2016 Student DART Transit Pass On-line
2015 DART Transit Passes expired on December 31. Renew your annual local DART Transit Pass for FREE or get one for only $5.00 if you don’t already have one. With a DART Transit Pass, riders are able to commute to campus by bus and rail with public transportation that is reliable, economical and hassle free! You must be currently registered for spring classes and have a photo ID to be eligible to receive a 2016 student DART Go Pass transit pass.
Your new 2016 DART Transit Pass will be delivered right to your cell phone. Just download DART’s free GoPass Mobile Ticketing Application at http://www.gopass.biz/ and then register your device. Once you’ve successfully downloaded GoPass click here to order your 2016 DART GoPass Transit Pass on-line. Due to volume please allow 3-4 weeks.
Please contact the Parking and ID Card Services Office at email@example.com or 214-768-7275 for additional information or further assistance.
Please note - The SMU Express and Museum Express shuttles remain free to all riders and do not require a DART Transit Pass to ride.
Spring Parking Rules Now in Effect
- Normal parking is in now effect starting Monday, January 4th
- Enforcement hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Mon - Fri
- Permits are required to park your car on campus at all times all year round
- Students with valid SMU parking permits may park in any area indicated for the permit type on the campus parking map.
- Lettered employee lots remain parking by assignment only and the appropriate permit is required
- Employees park in AUP or as indicated on the campus parking map for the type of permit.
- For a full listing of enforcement hours and parking regulations please visit the Student Handbook-vehicle regulations
Need a Parking Permit?
- Students registered for Spring Semester classes may order permits online (just log on to your My Parking Account using your SMU ID and Password) Payment is made after the permit is ordered on my.SMU.edu not on the parking website
- Employees may obtain permits in our office or contact us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitors can purchase permits in our office, online as a Guest or use any self-pay & park location referenced on the visitor parking map see lower right
SMU Express Rider Alert
Some DART trip planning tools and real-time data are still unavailable. Please visit for details. DART RIDER ALERTS
Dart is working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
• The first day of classes is Friday, January 15 - In Session service resumes
• Out of Session Schedule operated on MLK Day, Monday, January 18.
Please contact the SMU Parking and ID Card Services Office at email@example.com
or 214-768-7275 for additional information or assistance.
Car Sharing: Zipcar at SMU
No Car On Campus No Problem. For more information or to sign up for Zipcar click on http://www.zipcar.com/smu/
Our office is located at 6116 North Central Expressway, Suite 101
at the Southeast corner of SMU Boulevard and Central Expressway in the Expressway Tower building on the first floor.
Our business hours are from Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. including the lunch hour.
Physical Address: 6116 North Central Expressway, Suite 101 Dallas, TX 75206
SMU historic photographs courtesy DeGolyler Library