Welcome to SMU! The Parking and ID Card Services Office offers solutions and directions to those who need to move around the campus. Reshaping public perception. Discovering a new way of doing business. Our mission is to provide SMU identification cards and a comprehensive array of parking services for the campus community, as well as visitors.
Need to activate your new ID card?
Log in with your SMU ID number and password at http://idcard.smu.edu. SMU employees and students who need a new or replacement SMU ID card visit the Parking and ID Card Services Office at your convenience.
Faculty - Staff permit renewals are in the mail!
Employees on SMU payroll deduction for parking as of May 31 of this year should receive the new permit for the upcoming 2015-16 year within the next few weeks. If you do not receive a permit by June 30th please contact us. Once you receive your new permit you can put on your vehicle immediately. The current 2014-15 employee permits are valid until August 1st 2015.
Summer Parking Rules -Now in Effect
- Summer parking is in effect from May 18th through Monday, August 10th
- Enforcement hours: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon - Fri
- Permits are still required to park your car on campus
- Students with valid SMU parking permits may park in any All University Permit (AUP), Resident or Student areas
- Lettered employee lots remain parking by assignment only and the appropriate permit is still required during summer
- Employees may also park in any AUP, Resident or Student areas
- Normal parking enforcement resumes Monday, August 10th
Need a Permit?
- Students registered for classes may order permits online (just log on to your My Parking Account using your SMU ID and Password)
- Employees may obtain permits in our office or contact us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitors can purchase permits in our office, online as a Guest or use any self-pay & park location referenced on the visitor parking map
Rider Alert - SMU Express (768) and Museum Express (743) Route Detour -
Due to construction related street closures on campus, effective Thursday, June 11 the SMU Express (768) and Museum Express (743) shuttles will not service stops located on Bishop Blvd. Riders who normally use stops located on Bishop Blvd. should instead use the stop located next to the southwest corner of the Moody Parking Center at the corner of Binkley Avenue and Airline Road Google Map Location
Although the shuttles will attempt to operate on their regular schedule some delays and disruptions due to construction related street closures can be expected and riders should adjust their schedules accordingly. This detour is expected to remain in effect until August 2015 when through traffic is restored on Binkley Avenue and Bishop Blvd.
We apologize for any inconveniences. Please contact the SMU Parking and ID Card Services Office at email@example.com or 214-768-7275 for additional information or assistance.
768 SMU Express Summer Service
Saturday, May 16 - Graduation/Saturday Service Ends
Monday, May 18 - Out of Session Schedule Begins
Monday, May 25 - Memorial Day/No Service
Friday, July 3 - SMU Closed
Saturday, July 4 - No Service
Monday, August 24 - Fall Classes Begin/In-Session Schedule Begins
Saturday, August 29 - Saturday Service Resumes
Monday, September 7 - Labor Day/No Service
743 Museum Express Summer Service
The Museum Express will continue to operate its regular schedule during the summer. There will be no service on Independence Day Saturday, July 4.
Car Sharing: Zipcar at SMU
For more information or to sign up for Zipcar click on http://www.zipcar.com/smu/
Our office is located at 6116 North Central Expressway, Suite 101
at the Southeast corner of SMU Boulevard and Central Expressway in the Expressway Tower building on the first floor.
Our business hours are from Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. including the lunch hour.
Physical Address: 6116 North Central Expressway, Suite 101 Dallas, TX 75206
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 750412, Dallas, TX 75275-0412
Phone: 214.768.7275 or 214.768.7669 Fax: 214.768.7678