Welcome to SMU! The Parking and ID Card Services Office offers solutions and directions to those who need to move around the campus. Reshaping public perception. Discovering a new way of doing business. Our mission is to provide SMU identification cards and a comprehensive array of parking services for the campus community, as well as visitors.
Need to activate your new ID card?
Log in with your SMU ID number and password at http://idcard.smu.edu. SMU employees and students who need a new or replacement SMU ID card visit the Parking and ID Card Services Office during business hours at your convenience.
Like working with people? Need a Part Time Job?
The Parking and ID Card Services Office is looking for you!
If you are US Federal Work Study eligible we have front counter-customer service positions available for morning or afternoons Monday - Friday.
To apply send resume and hours available for work to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need a Parking Permit?
A parking permit is required to park on campus. Below is information on how to get the right permit for your needs.
Students registered for classes for the Summer 2017 Semester may order 2017 permits online (just log on to your My Parking Account using your SMU ID and Password) Payment is made after the permit is ordered on my.SMU.edu not on the parking website.
- Students registered for Fall 2017 may order their permit online for the 2017-18 academic year now as long as they have been registered for classes for 48 hours by logging on to their My Parking Account.
- Employees may obtain permits in our office or online by logging on to their My Parking Account. Contact us for more information at email@example.com
- Visitors can purchase permits in our office, online as a Guest or use any self-pay & park location referenced on the visitor parking map see lower right
Parkmobile, LLC, the leading provider of on-demand and prepaid mobile payments for on- and off-street parking announced today its partnership with Southern Methodist University to provide mobile payments for metered parking to the campus. Visitors will be able to use the app on-street throughout the campus metered parking spaces using Parkmobile’s app for iPhone, Android, and Windows phones or by calling the toll-free number on the green meter stickers and signs. Parkmobile’s mobile payments system is very simple and easy to use. Customers first must register by either downloading the mobile app in their phone’s app store, online at www.parkmobile.com, or calling the toll-free number on Parkmobile signage. Once registered, they may immediately begin using the system.
Employee Parking Permits have Mailed!
If you are on payroll deduction for parking as of May 19th, your decal has mailed. If you do not receive the decal by June 30th or if you were not on payroll deduction by May 19th please visits the Parking and ID Card Services Office. 2016-17 permits will expire on August 1st. Be sure to get your new permit on your car before that date.
Order Your New 2017 Student DART Transit Pass On-line
Order or renew your annual Student local DART Transit GoPass for FREE or get one for only $5.00 if you don’t already have one. With a DART Transit GoPass, riders are able to commute to campus by bus and rail with public transportation that is reliable, economical and hassle free! You must be currently registered for Spring 2017 Semesters classes and have a photo ID to be eligible to receive a 2017 student DART GoPass transit pass. The 2017 DART passes will expire on December 31, 2017.
Your new 2017 DART Transit GoPass will be delivered right to your cell phone. Check out what the GoPass App looks like at: http://www.gopass.biz/ Just download DART's free GoPass Mobile Ticketing Application at the App Store on your cell phone and then register your device by clicking on "My Tickets" in the GoPass App. Once you’ve successfully downloaded GoPass click here to order your 2017 DART GoPass Transit Pass on-line.
Please contact the Parking and ID Card Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-768-7275 for additional information or further assistance.
Please note - The SMU Express and Museum Express shuttles remain free to all riders and do not require a DART Transit Pass to ride.
Summer Parking Enforcement Schedule is in effect
- Summer Enforcement hours 7 a.m. to 5p.m. Mon to Fri
- Permits are required to park your car on campus at all times all year round.
- Students with valid SMU parking permits may park in the area corresponding to their permit Resident "yellow" or AUP "red" on the campus parking map.
- Lettered employee lots remain parking by assignment only and the appropriate permit is required
- Employees may park in AUP or as indicated on the campus parking map for the type of permit.
- For a full listing of enforcement hours and parking regulations please visit the Student Handbook-vehicle regulations
- Summer Parking Enforcement schedule will end on Monday August 14th
SMU Express Rider Alert
Below is the Summer Out of Session schedule for the SMU Express (768) route.
• Out of session schedules.
• No Service July 4th.
Please contact the SMU Parking and ID Card Services Office at email@example.com or 214-768-7275 for additional information or assistance.
Car Sharing: Zipcar at SMU
No Car On Campus No Problem. For more information or to sign up for Zipcar download the app from AppStore or Googleplay at zipcar.com/mobile or go to http://www.zipcar.com/smu/
Our office is located at the Hughes-Trigg Student Center 3140 Dyer Street, Suite 216, Dallas TX 75275
Our business hours are from Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. including the lunch hour.
Physical Address: 3140 Dyer Street, Suite 216, Dallas TX 75275
Mailing address: PO Box 750412, Dallas TX 75275