Welcome to SMU! The Parking and ID Card Services Office offers solutions and directions to those who need to move around the campus. Reshaping public perception. Discovering a new way of doing business. Our mission is to provide SMU identification cards and a comprehensive array of parking services for the campus community, as well as visitors.
Need to activate your new ID card?
Log in with your SMU ID number and password at http://idcard.smu.edu. SMU employees and students who need a new or replacement SMU ID card visit the Parking and ID Card Services Office during business hours at your convenience.
TOYS FOR TICKETS November 7–30, 2017
SMU Parking and ID Card Services graciously offers students, faculty, and staff and SMU community member the opportunity to pay off parking tickets by donating toys of equal or greater value to their parking tickets. Ticket dismissal applies only to unpaid SMU parking tickets issued for unauthorized parking, parking without a permit, over time parking, or improper display of a permit. To take advantage of the Toys for Tickets exchange, drivers must bring the parking ticket, toy, and receipt to Parking and ID Card Services in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center by November 30th.
For more information including drop-off locations and a list of specific toys requested, please visit SMU.EDU/TOYSFORTICKETS
This Thanksgiving season,Zipcar and Ford are serving up a little slice of gratitude.
When you book a Zipcar in any Ford model from November 13–19, Zipcar will donate $1 per drive to Feeding America. Because sharing the bounty’s what it’s all about.
Need a parking permit?
A parking permit is required to park on campus. Below is information on how to get the right permit for your needs.
- Students registered for classes for the Fall 2017 Semester may order the 2017-18 academic year permit online (just log on to your My Parking Account using your SMU ID and Password) Payment is made after the permit is ordered on my.SMU.edu, not on the parking website. Students registered for the Spring Semester that do not already have a academic year permit may order the Spring permit valid from Jan 1st through August 1st 2018.
- Employees may obtain permits in our office or online by logging on to their My Parking Account. Contact us for more information at email@example.com.Visitors can purchase permits in our office, online as a guest or use any self-pay & park location referenced on the visitor parking map (see lower right).
Fall parking enforcement schedule
- Fall Enforcement hours are in effect from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday – Thursday, and Friday from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. Including the finals schedule through Dec 25, 2017.
- Permits are required to park your car on campus at all times all year round.
- Students with valid SMU parking permits may park in the area corresponding to their permit: Resident "yellow" or AUP "red" on the campus parking map.
- Lettered employee lots remain parking by assignment only and the appropriate permit is required.
- Employees may park in AUP or as indicated on the campus parking map for the type of permit.
- For a full listing of enforcement hours and parking regulations, please visit the Student Handbook's vehicle regulations section.
Game day parking
Learn more about campus parking options on SMU's game days.
Bike sharing: VBikes at SMU
Burn calories, enjoy the outdoors and get where you need to go with the new VBikes dockless bike sharing system!
Car sharing: Zipcar at SMU
No car on campus? No problem! For more information or to sign up for Zipcar, download the app from AppStore or Googleplay at zipcar.com/mobile or http://www.zipcar.com/smu/.
Parkmobile metered parking
Parkmobile, LLC, the leading provider of on-demand and prepaid mobile payments for on- and off-street parking announced today its partnership with Southern Methodist University to provide mobile payments for metered parking to the campus. Visitors will be able to use the app on-street throughout the campus metered parking spaces using Parkmobile’s app for iPhone, Android, and Windows phones or by calling the toll-free number on the green meter stickers and signs. Parkmobile’s mobile payments system is very simple and easy to use. Customers first must register by either downloading the mobile app in their phone’s app store, online at www.parkmobile.com, or calling the toll-free number on Parkmobile signage. Once registered, they may immediately begin using the system. Learn more.
Student DART Transit Pass
Order or renew your annual student local DART Transit GoPass for FREE or get one for only $5 if you don’t already have one. With a DART Transit GoPass, riders are able to commute to campus by bus and rail with public transportation that is reliable, economical and hassle free! You must be currently registered for Spring 2017 semester's classes and have a photo ID to be eligible to receive a 2017 student DART GoPass transit pass. The 2017 DART passes will expire on December 31, 2017.
Your new 2017 DART Transit GoPass will be delivered right to your cell phone. Check out what the GoPass App looks like at http://www.gopass.biz/. Just download DART's free GoPass Mobile Ticketing Application at the App Store on your cell phone and then register your device by clicking on "My Tickets" in the GoPass App. Once you’ve successfully downloaded GoPass, click here to order your 2017 DART GoPass Transit Pass on-line.
Please contact the Parking and ID Card Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-768-7275 for additional information or further assistance.
Please note: The SMU Express and Museum Express shuttles remain free to all riders and do not require a DART Transit Pass to ride.
SMU Express Rider Alert
The In-Session schedule for the SMU Express (768) route.
Please contact the SMU Parking and ID Card Services Office at email@example.com or 214-768-7275 for additional information or assistance.
Our business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., including the lunch hour.
Hughes-Trigg Student Center
3140 Dyer Street, Suite 216
Dallas, TX 75275
PO Box 750412
Dallas, TX 75275