Used as a stored value credit account, Pony allows students to make purchases on-campus and at select off-campus vendors. Employees can only use their Pony at on-campus vendor locations.
Where is Pony Accepted?
Pony can be used at a variety of locations, including:
* Pony cannot be used to purchase stamps or pay for shipping through USPS.
Pony vs. Flex Dollars
- Flex Dollars are used for on-campus meal plans only.
- Pony is a stored value credit account, similar to a debit card, that allows any student to make purchases on-campus and at select off-campus vendors if they choose to participate in the Pony program. Pony does not satisfy the mandatory meal plan requirement for students living on campus.
- Pony can be purchased on top of Flex Dollars or separately.
- For more information about SMU meal plans and Flex Dollars, please visit SMU Dining.
My Pony Account: Depositing Pony Cash
- Students can open an account during the registration process and may select one of five preset amounts ($200, $400, $600, $800 or $1000) to be billed directly to their student account. Parents should discuss these various levels with their student prior to registration.
- Funds will be carried over from term to term until a student graduates.
- To add funds, visit My Pony Account.
- Any credit remaining on the Pony account at the point of graduation will be refunded to the student after all debt to the University has been paid.
My Pony Account: Canceling Pony
- Your Pony Account may be canceled on or before the payment due date.
- A $25 processing fee will be deducted from credit balance refunds of withdrawing students. Graduating students do not have to pay this fee.
You may use this form to submit a new photo to ID Card Services. If you need a new ID Card, please upload a photo here and then submit a ticket through the Help Desk (SMU username/password required).
Photos must meet the following requirements:
Size: Roughly square, less than 6MP total
(NOTE: picture will be cropped to 300x300)
Format: jpg or jpeg
Taken within last 6 months to reflect current your appearance
Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
Taken in clothing you normally wear on a daily basis
You will be notified if your photo does not meet the requirements listed above and asked to submit another photo.
All notifications will come from ID Card Services to your @smu.edu email address.
Ordering a Replacement ID
* Please note: Students may order a replacement SMU ID card only if they are registered for the current semester.
- Lost or stolen ID cards visit the My Pony Account site and click the Activate/Deactivate ID Card link.
- A new ID card may be ordered* at the ID Replacement website. Login using your SMU ID and password.
- Once have logged in to the site, choose the "Additional Services" drop down and then select the "Replacement SMU ID Cards" link.
- Your replacement ID can be picked up at the OIT Help Desk in Fondren Library West between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- If your request is made after 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, it will be available for pickup the following business day.
- You will be charged a $30 replacement card fee effective June 1, 2013 in which you can pay online at Access.SMU or at the Student Services counter with cash or check only at Enrollment Services located in the Laura Lee Blanton building.
- If you encounter problems ordering your replacement ID online, please contact the Parking and ID Card Services Office.
Ordering a Replacement ID Due to Fair, Wear and Tear
- If you are trying to replace your ID free of charge because of fair, wear and tear you must visit the Parking and ID Card Services Office with your ID card for verification.
Service Providers and Contractors
- Please visit the Parking and ID Card Services Office to replace your ID.
ID Card Care
- Holes, stickers, tape and other alterations will render your card useless.
- Treat your ID just as you would your drivers license or credit card.