Welcome to SMU! The Parking and ID Card Services Office offers solutions and directions to those who need to move around the campus. Reshaping public perception. Discovering a new way of doing business. Our mission is to provide SMU identification cards and a comprehensive array of parking services for the campus community, as well as visitors.
Need to activate your new ID card?
Log in with your SMU ID number and password at http://idcard.smu.edu. SMU employees and students who need a new or replacement SMU ID card visit the Parking and ID Card Services Office during business hours at your convenience.
December Commencement Information:
Please click here for information on December Commencement and parking for the event
Game Day Parking Info:
Please visit www.smumustangs.com for information on game day tickets, parking and game day relocation for students and employees.
Order Your New 2017 Student DART Transit Pass On-line
Order or renew your annual Student local DART Transit GoPass for FREE or get one for only $5.00 if you don’t already have one. With a DART Transit GoPass, riders are able to commute to campus by bus and rail with public transportation that is reliable, economical and hassle free! You must be currently registered for Spring 2017 Semesters classes and have a photo ID to be eligible to receive a 2017 student DART GoPass transit pass. The 2017 DART passes will expire on December 31, 2017.
Your new 2017 DART Transit GoPass will be delivered right to your cell phone. Check out what the GoPass App looks like at: http://www.gopass.biz/ Just download DART's free GoPass Mobile Ticketing Application at the App Store on your cell phone and then register your device by clicking on "My Tickets" in the GoPass App. Once you’ve successfully downloaded GoPass click here to order your 2017 DART GoPass Transit Pass on-line. The 2017 DART GoPass must be ordered by Friday, December 02 to ensure it is active on January 1, 2017.
Please contact the Parking and ID Card Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-768-7275 for additional information or further assistance.
Please note - The SMU Express and Museum Express shuttles remain free to all riders and do not require a DART Transit Pass to ride.
Last Call for Toys for Tickets
SMU Parking and ID Card Services offers the campus community the opportunity to pay off parking tickets by donating non-violent toys of equal or greater value to their parking tickets. Ticket dismissal applies only to unpaid SMU parking tickets issued for unauthorized parking, parking without a permit, over time parking, or improper display of a permit. To take advantage of the Toys for Tickets exchange, drivers must bring the parking ticket, toy, and receipt to Parking and ID Card Services in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center by November 30th.
Fall Parking Enforcement Schedule in effect
- Fall Enforcement hours 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mon to Fri
- Permits are required to park your car on campus at all times all year round.
- Students with valid SMU parking permits may park in the area corresponding to their permit Resident "yellow" or AUP "red" on the campus parking map.
- Lettered employee lots remain parking by assignment only and the appropriate permit is required
- Employees may park in AUP or as indicated on the campus parking map for the type of permit.
- For a full listing of enforcement hours and parking regulations please visit the Student Handbook-vehicle regulations
Need a Parking Permit?
A parking permit is required to park on campus. Below is information on how to get the right permit.
- Students registered for classes for the Spring 2017 Semester may order 2017 permits online (just log on to your My Parking Account using your SMU ID and Password) Payment is made after the permit is ordered on my.SMU.edu not on the parking website
- Employees may obtain permits in our office or contact us for more information email@example.com
- Visitors can purchase permits in our office, online as a Guest or use any self-pay & park location referenced on the visitor parking map see lower right
SMU Express Rider Alert
Monday 11/28/2016 In Session Schedule Resumes
Below is the winter break schedules for the SMU Express (768) route.
• Out of session schedule begins on Thursday, December 15.
• Graduation is on Saturday, December 17 – last day for Saturday service.
• University Offices are closed December 23 through January 2.
• No Service on December 25 or January 1.
• Out of Session Schedule operated on MLK Day, Monday, January 16.
• The first day of classes is Monday, January 23 - In Session service resumes
Please contact the SMU Parking and ID Card Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-768-7275 for additional information or assistance.
Car Sharing: Zipcar at SMU
No Car On Campus No Problem. For more information or to sign up for Zipcar click on http://www.zipcar.com/smu/
Our office is located at the Hughes-Trigg Student Center 3140 Dyer Street, Suite 216, Dallas TX 75275
Our business hours are from Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. including the lunch hour.
Physical Address: 3140 Dyer Street, Suite 216, Dallas TX 75275
Mailing address: PO Box 750412, Dallas TX 75275